RC Aircraft Trainer - Foam and Kit

Greg

And there was/is nothing wrong with that method at all in 2023. Times have changed greatly though and while there will be some entering the hobby who wish to follow what we might consider the trad pathway, I think there'll be an increasing number of 'flyers' who want to buy a ready to go machine and fly it themselves over the local open space.

Times have changed and unfortunately people like to sue others for the least little injury!    Having complete novices fly models in a public park is asking for trouble.   Even if the park is " approved for flying " then members of the public usually take offence if a plane lands anywhere near them and often become aggresive.   If you should accidently land anywhere near their children then you will probably wish you had a bodyguard with you! 

It's not worth trying to fly alone in a public park when there are clubs who will teach you to fly for nothing!  

Edited by kc

On 15/01/2023 at 12:20, Greg said:

Thanks for the advice. In answer to your question. I'm not interested in a club just going to my local recreational ground or local farm field and have some interesting time flying and crashing. Although I said in my original post I would like to have already fitted or fit myself a gyro stabilization device to aide me in my training. What I did not mention was I would like the aircraft to be electrically powered and not by and engine. Any further recommendations would be welcomed. 

22 hours ago, Allan Bennett said:

Please make yourself familiar with the rules regarding model flying (all RC aircraft are 'drones' according to the legal definition), especially in public areas.

Thank you. One of our parish councillors lives nearby. I have checked with him with regards to flying at our recreation ground and he says that the area is approved for flying. 

Greg, there have always been beginners who were determined to go it alone. Mostly they crashed within ten seconds of their first launch then gave up on the hobby. A few persevered and after wrecking many models finally learned how to fly.

Many clubs today have their own trainer and buddy boxes and you could learn to fly for the cost of a club fee. Not interested in models powered by glow motors? Does it really matter if the club's trainer is powered by a glow engine or an electric motor. The model doesn't know what is turing the propeller and some, like the Seagull Boomerang, come with all of the parts to enable the model to be powered by either electric or i/c motors.

We had another beginner on this forum last year. He had assembled a model with a gyro fitted, thought, "What can possibly go wrong?" launched it and crashed it. Fortunately for him he was on the site of a model aeroplane club which he had just joined and nobody was there at the time. He has subsequently gone on to benefit from club training on the buddy box.

Still determined to go it alone? Then I've one final piece of advice, in my experience all beginners are initially too brutal on the sticks. Let us know how you get on.

PS. I have never fitted a stabiliser to any of my models but I plan to build a 1/4 scale Fokker Triplane. They are notoriously difficult to land and take off so I've just bought a gyro.

Von Tutschek's Fokker Triplane - Copy.jpg

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Greg said:

Thank you. One of our parish councillors lives nearby. I have checked with him with regards to flying at our recreation ground and he says that the area is approved for flying. 

It may be approved for flying but you are much more likely to hit somebody with your model on a recreation ground than you are at a club's flying field. Your call.

Thank you all for the comments but I see that rather than give me advice on what would be a good trainer to start with the subject of clubs has been raised again as it was when I asked for advice on purchasing my first glider kit. I do understand that you are all only trying to be helpful and stop me from making a disaster of my entry into the hobby and that I should join a club. The subject of clubs and flying regulations which was also mentioned by members on my first posts when I joined the forum enquiring about recommendations for a powered glider kit. As I have said before due to two bad experiences I am not interested in clubs. I am 74 now and although not something I want share but recently I was ill and whilst recovering it occurred to me that I should try to fulfil some of my ambitions such RC flying and RC boating before it was too late. So, having said that you may see why I just want to go it alone and have some fun and disasters without other concerns. It is not like I am young and going to make a life long commitment to the hobby where a club would be an advantage. 

Also, I do have some intelligence and I am quite aware that teaching myself is fraught with problems. I am aware of orientation when flying and getting confused. I am aware that a gyro system is not the answer to successful flight training. I am aware that I must be careful of other people close by when flying. I know not to fly on a windy day which may cause me more problems. I like to think that I have used my time wisely researching the this and the RC boating hobby.  So please could we not mention clubs anymore. I know that sounds harsh and you are only looking out for my own interests but I would just like to know what first aircraft are good and which are not.

I see that it has been mentioned in a reply to my post that it would appear that I am only interested in foam aircraft. Far from it. I did say in my original post that I would like recommendations on kits. Balsa kits. As with my wooden model ship building the construction of the model is a great part of the enjoyment of the hobby. I only mentioned foam trainers as a means to an end when learning to fly whilst building a Balsa kit. 

Simulators have also been mentioned as an aide to learning to fly. I have posted another request for recommendations on a good downloadable simulator for my PC that I could use. It does not have to be free, I am prepared to pay for a good simulator. One that I can link a controller to to get experience in it's use. As yet I have not had any replies to the post so if anyone could recommend a simulator I would be grateful.

Thank you again for everyone's well meaning advice. It may not appear it but I do really apricate the help.

1 hour ago, Greg said:

Thank you all for the comments but I see that rather than give me advice on what would be a good trainer to start with the subject of clubs has been raised again as it was when I asked for advice on purchasing my first glider kit. I do understand that you are all only trying to be helpful and stop me from making a disaster of my entry into the hobby and that I should join a club. The subject of clubs and flying regulations which was also mentioned by members on my first posts when I joined the forum enquiring about recommendations for a powered glider kit. As I have said before due to two bad experiences I am not interested in clubs. I am 74 now and although not something I want share but recently I was ill and whilst recovering it occurred to me that I should try to fulfil some of my ambitions such RC flying and RC boating before it was too late. So, having said that you may see why I just want to go it alone and have some fun and disasters without other concerns. It is not like I am young and going to make a life long commitment to the hobby where a club would be an advantage. 

Also, I do have some intelligence and I am quite aware that teaching myself is fraught with problems. I am aware of orientation when flying and getting confused. I am aware that a gyro system is not the answer to successful flight training. I am aware that I must be careful of other people close by when flying. I know not to fly on a windy day which may cause me more problems. I like to think that I have used my time wisely researching the this and the RC boating hobby.  So please could we not mention clubs anymore. I know that sounds harsh and you are only looking out for my own interests but I would just like to know what first aircraft are good and which are not.

I see that it has been mentioned in a reply to my post that it would appear that I am only interested in foam aircraft. Far from it. I did say in my original post that I would like recommendations on kits. Balsa kits. As with my wooden model ship building the construction of the model is a great part of the enjoyment of the hobby. I only mentioned foam trainers as a means to an end when learning to fly whilst building a Balsa kit. 

Simulators have also been mentioned as an aide to learning to fly. I have posted another request for recommendations on a good downloadable simulator for my PC that I could use. It does not have to be free, I am prepared to pay for a good simulator. One that I can link a controller to to get experience in it's use. As yet I have not had any replies to the post so if anyone could recommend a simulator I would be grateful.

Thank you again for everyone's well meaning advice. It may not appear it but I do really apricate the help.

Fine. So you want a recommendation for a good trainer. In my view a trainer should be 5-6 feet in the wingspan. (1.5-1.8 metres.) Models of this size are easier to see than small models and they fly more slowly or appear to do so.

If you want a foam electric powered ARTF the ST Discovery is as good as any. I have flown several of them and they're very forgiving, but I have no experience of flying either this model or any other model eqipped with a gyro. When I lived in England I was a member of a club which used the Discovery as a club trainer. The club's chairman took off with me on the buddy box. He gave me control and I deliberately put it into a high-speed spin, cut the throttle and took my fingers off the sticks. The Discovery recovered and righted itself but we were four mistakes high.

I use a Seagull Boomerang ARTF as an advanced trainer with my novices. It's heavier and a bit faster than all of my other recommendations but it will fly well in a strong breeze, so it's an option too.

If you are interested in building a kit, my recommendation would be either the Ben Buckle Super 60 or the Ben Buckle Radio Queen. Pictures below. Link here: https://www.benbucklevintage.com/

I have built two Super 60s and bought another. They fly very well and in its day probably taught more Englishmen how to fly than any other model. Another advantage of this model is that it is automatically stable being a vintage three channel model without ailerons but once you've got the hang of flying it you can build an aileron wing for it. Have another look at Christopher Wolfe's post and you'll see what I'm driving at.

But is it my favourite ab initio model for elderly beginners? No it isn't! That would be the Radio Queen. At over two metres in the wingspan it's big, tough, slow stable and easy to see. I wish I'd never sold mine now! Having moved to France in 2015, I've convinced two colleagues to build one each. They are currently under construction. The plan's not too brilliant but once you've built it, it will fly well. You can convert either this or the Super 60 to electric power quite easily.

Other options include the Telemaster 40. These are nice gentle four channel models, six feet in the wingspan. I used to import them from the USA. I could sell you a plan!

BUT, AND THIS IS AN ENORMOUS "BUT!" 

The lightest model I have recommended is the Discovery at 2 lbs 12 0zs, the heaviest is the Radio Queen at 6lbs 10 ozs. Each of these four models is propelled by a propeller which will be turning at least 10,000 rpm at maximum speed. Imagine what the result would be if you were to hit a child on your recreation ground with such a model. 

Jon Harper of Laser Engines has said learning to fly a radio controlled model aeroplane is not easy. He's right and believe me I am not trying to rain on your parade, I just hope you're well insured that's all.

Super 60 repaired 1.JPG

Super 60 nearly finished..jpg

Penn Models Super Sixty (4).JPG

Radio Queen and T240, Forton, 2007..jpg

Radio Queen Specimen.png

Radio Queen 2.jpg

Rhapsody in blue!.JPG

Edited by David Davis
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, David Davis said:

Fine. So you want a recommendation for a good trainer. In my view a trainer should be 5-6 feet in the wingspan. (1.5-1.8 metres.) Models of this size are easier to see than small models and they fly more slowly or appear to do so.

If you want a foam electric powered ARTF the ST Discovery is as good as any. I have flown several of them and they're very forgiving, but I have no experience of flying either this model or any other model eqipped with a gyro. When I lived in England I was a member of a club which used the Discovery as a club trainer. The club's chairman took off with me on the buddy box. He gave me control and I deliberately put it into a high-speed spin, cut the throttle and took my fingers off the sticks. The Discovery recovered and righted itself but we were four mistakes high.

I use a Seagull Boomerang ARTF as an advanced trainer with my novices. It's heavier and a bit faster than all of my other recommendations but it will fly well in a strong breeze, so it's an option too.

If you are interested in building a kit, my recommendation would be either the Ben Buckle Super 60 or the Ben Buckle Radio Queen. Pictures below. Link here: https://www.benbucklevintage.com/

I have built two Super 60s and bought another. They fly very well and in its day probably taught more Englishmen how to fly than any other model. Another advantage of this model is that it is automatically stable being a vintage three channel model without ailerons but once you've got the hang of flying it you can build an aileron wing for it. Have another look at Christopher Wolfe's post and you'll see what I'm driving at.

But is it my favourite ab initio model for elderly beginners? No it isn't! That would be the Radio Queen. At over two metres in the wingspan it's big, tough, slow stable and easy to see. I wish I'd never sold mine now! Having moved to France in 2015, I've convinced two colleagues to build one each. They are currently under construction. The plan's not too brilliant but once you've built it, it will fly well. You can convert either this or the Super 60 to electric power quite easily.

Other options include the Telemaster 40. These are nice gentle four channel models, six feet in the wingspan. I used to import them from the USA. I could sell you a plan!

BUT, AND THIS IS AN ENORMOUS "BUT!" 

The lightest model I have recommended is the Discovery at 2 lbs 12 0zs, the heaviest is the Radio Queen at 6lbs 10 ozs. Each of these four models is propelled by a propeller which will be turning at least 10,000 rpm at maximum speed. Imagine what the result would be if you were to hit a child on your recreation ground with such a model. 

Jon Harper of Laser Engines has said learning to fly a radio controlled model aeroplane is not easy. He's right and believe me I am not trying to rain on your parade, I just hope you're well insured that's all.

Super 60 repaired 1.JPG

Super 60 nearly finished..jpg

Penn Models Super Sixty (4).JPG

Radio Queen and T240, Forton, 2007..jpg

Radio Queen Specimen.png

Radio Queen 2.jpg

Rhapsody in blue!.JPG

Thank you. I found your reply very helpful 👍

One other thought Greg. In my initial reply on the first page I illustrated some of the fleet at the RCHotel in Corfu ( http://rchotel.com ).

If you fancy it, and are able to do so, I would recommend them as you would be able to:

1) Have a concentrated series of lessons from a professional instructor with a much better chance go good weather, to at least get you over the initial hurdles.

2) Sample a whole series of different models (both foam & balsa) with a buddy box to see if any of them take your fancy.

I've no connection to the Hotel other than a satisfied customer. I've been going there one or more times a year for the last 20 years, which must be something of an endorsement. Their season starts in late March/early April.

The reason we recommend learning at a club rather than trying to teach yourself in a public park is that the almost inevitable accident might well involve the public and could have an effect on aeromodelling generally.  

Look up the fatal accident which occurred some years ago ( at Dartford Heath I think) when a young girl was hit and killed by an out of control plane in a public space..   Other fatal accidents too including a young BMFA member.  These things happen if precautions are not taken. 

Clubs have this in mind and have proper no fly zones,  instructors who examine the model as well as give tuition.   And of course they have a place where flying is known to take place and ways to separate the members and public from the planes.   This is why we insist it's better to learn from an instructor at a proper flying site..  

14 minutes ago, John Lee said:

One other thought Greg. In my initial reply on the first page I illustrated some of the fleet at the RCHotel in Corfu ( http://rchotel.com ).

If you fancy it, and are able to do so, I would recommend them as you would be able to:

1) Have a concentrated series of lessons from a professional instructor with a much better chance go good weather, to at least get you over the initial hurdles.

2) Sample a whole series of different models (both foam & balsa) with a buddy box to see if any of them take your fancy.

I've no connection to the Hotel other than a satisfied customer. I've been going there one or more times a year for the last 20 years, which must be something of an endorsement. Their season starts in late March/early April.

Thank you. That would be a great place to go but I am now 74 and suffer from Arthritis which makes going anywhere a problem. A nice thought though!

Hi Greg

I completely understand your thoughts regards clubs, if you have had negative experiences then only you know where you are comfortable most, good advice here but not for you.

You obviously have been researching to whole flying thing and are settled on a way forward for you, having a plan is a good thing!
For what it’s worth I echo David’s thoughts regards models and what might be suitable for your journey, foam ones are not my area although having seen the Discovery flown does seem to tick the box, the standout one for me is the KK Super 60, it’s tough as old boots does the job very well and is well proven, the kicker is you can build the aileron wing and you then have everything you need to progress once you have got over the initial learning stages.

Radio Queen is a great option too, this era of model was designed around the free flight models of the time so throttling back it’s inherent stability sorts it out to a degree.

As a matter of interest where in the country are you?

Edited by Nigel Dell
Spelling

13 minutes ago, kc said:

The reason we recommend learning at a club rather than trying to teach yourself in a public park is that the almost inevitable accident might well involve the public and could have an effect on aeromodelling generally.  

Look up the fatal accident which occurred some years ago ( at Dartford Heath I think) when a young girl was hit and killed by an out of control plane in a public space..   Other fatal accidents too including a young BMFA member.  These things happen if precautions are not taken. 

Clubs have this in mind and have proper no fly zones,  instructors who examine the model as well as give tuition.   And of course they have a place where flying is known to take place and ways to separate the members and public from the planes.   This is why we insistem it's better to learn from an instructor at a proper flying site..  

Please credit me with a little sense and intelligence. I would not attempt to fly if there were people using the recreation ground. The ground is in a rural area and is rarely used by members of the public. It is mostly used for football and cricket matches throughout the year so apart from trying to decapitate members of either team playing I would wait until the ground was unoccupied. And as the ground can be seen from my home I would know when not to go wouldn't I! 

Greg

I fly at a local council recreation ground but I am careful not to antagonise anyone. 

It has two football pitches and a rugby area so is quite large. 

I do not fly on any occasion that the local club have a match or are training. There are local dog walkers but fortunately they tend to walk round the perimeter so I can keep 50m away from them. Most of the time I am the only person on the whole field.

There are lots of tall trees around the edge too!

I am member of the BMFA so have the appropriate insurance.

I only fly lightweight foam electric which are very quiet. Some are in essence powered gliders with up to 2m span but as a result I do have to pick the right weather.

I have been building model planes, mostly rubber power and gliders since I was a lad but after I retired I wanted to move into 'modern' RC so I bought a simple Ready To Fly foam 40" span pusher trainer to find out what it was like.

Once I was happy with what it could and could not do it was not long before I used my building skills to improve it to my liking.

It worked for me.

Odds are against you Greg, many many people have learnt to fly by themselves, you're now 74 and have arthritis in the hands. You've already stated you'll keep well away from others, so I'll leave the safety lecture be.

My advice ? Start with something light, slow and electric, a big I.C jobbie isn't the best choice by a long shot at this stage, you've stated yourself there'll likely be a disaster or two so choose something easily repaired and less likely to do harm to others.

Here's one choice, plenty more on companys website.

https://www.rapidrcmodels.com/arrow-bigfoot-pnp-with-vector-stabilisation-1300mm-8339-p.asp

• Like 1

Greg, if you don't want to join a club you would be better off having an experienced pilot with you when you fly your model on your recreation ground. Idealy you should fly on a buddy box so your equipment would have to match that of the experienced pilot. It doesn't matter whether you are different modes. I'm Mode 2 and all of my French trainees are Mode 1.

Hi Greg,

I know you would not want a "beginner" in control of a cigarette anywhere near you...

Tidal lagoon, high tide, moron with a cigarette, it somehow climbed at least 6 broad steps, crossed a pedestrian walk way and ended up in the road nearly causing cars to collide !

I don't do kits these days...

Outerzone, look up Centenial "Found". An easy to make and enlarge free flight rubber powered plane. It was a free plan many years ago in Aeromodeller magazine, so I made one, sheet fuz, 2 channel r + e, DC sabre 1 1/2 cc diesel, no throttle control.

After all the usual checks, it took off straight and was easy to fly, no vices and glided well for perfect landing.

I made a "stretched" wing for a home brew glider, me heron 1cc diesel powered which is a great flyer.

Today I would not use an "unshuttable down " IC engine in an RC plane.

Have a look, the found will easily scale up. A great flier.

As to your flying site, draw a sketch of the site with rough dimensions, prevailing wind, trees and footpaths etc .  to show us possible suitability.

Join bmfa if only for the insurance, but remember, just cos you have insurance, does not exclude "inexperience/stupidity/ignorance".

Any slope soaring sites near you get to able by car ?

Start your flying training by saying out loud " prop the dipping wing with the stick", then say it in your head, and eventually it will be "instinct", so very little time needed for control response.

To be fare ( and legal etc. ) Get club tuition....

Hi Greg,

I know you would not want a "beginner" in control of a cigarette anywhere near you...

Tidal lagoon, high tide, moron with a cigarette, it somehow climbed at least 6 broad steps, crossed a pedestrian walk way and ended up in the road nearly causing cars to collide !

Outerzone, look up Centenial "Found". An easy to make and enlarge free flight rubber powered plane. It was a free plan many years ago in Aeromodeller magazine, so I made one, sheet fuz, 2 channel r + e, DC sabre 1 1/2 cc diesel, no throttle control.

After all the usual checks, it took off straight and was easy to fly, no vices and glided well for perfect landing.

I made a "stretched" wing for a home brew glider, me heron 1cc diesel powered which is a great flyer.

As to your flying site, draw a sketch of the site with rough dimensions, prevailing wind, trees and footpaths etc .  to show us possible suitability.

Join bmfa if only for the insurance, but remember, just cos you have insurance, does not exclude "inexperience/stupidity/ignorance".

Start your flying training by saying out loud " prop the dipping wing with the stick", then say it in your head, and eventually it will be "instinct", so very little time needed for control response.

I used to fly in my local park, but it was only possible until around 7:00 that's when the dog walkers arrived with he two significant issues:

a) dogs will chase planes

b) dog walkers seem to delight in walking quite close to you, often where you want to land.

Having said that, I used to enjoy myself, but only flew very lightweight, mostly very slow, models - just in case.... by lightweight, I mean well under 500g.  The biggest challenge with larger models will be the amount of space needed for a landing approach, I think.

If the bye-laws allow, and you comply with regulations/recommendations around proximity of non-involved people (sounds like that won't be an issue), have a go.  

Personally, I'd look as something slow and relatively light with a degree of stability built in - I think someone has already suggested a powered glider.  For foam, Phoenix's fly well (I'll have a look where you can get one), with a receiver equipped with stabilization, or an add-on.  For balsa, the Balsa Cabin Sonata-e flies nice and slowly.  The Aviator suggested in the YouTube link earlier, flies well, and is light but will get very small very quickly - don't know how your eyesight is!

5 hours ago, Greg said:

There have been a couple of suggestion in your other thread......... 

• Like 1

To make life easy, you could have a go with one of these. https://www.sussex-model-centre.co.uk/collections/rtf-aircraft/products/ranger-600-rtf-powered-glider-with-flight-stabilization.   Everything you need, it's practically guaranteed to be set up correctly. 

Only other cost would be insurance, and CAA registration for anything above 250g (I suspect this plane is above 250g..).  A couple of spare batteries sounds a good idea.

Edited by GrumpyGnome
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Nigel Dell said:

Hi Greg

I completely understand your thoughts regards clubs, if you have had negative experiences then only you know where you are comfortable most, good advice here but not for you.

You obviously have been researching to whole flying thing and are settled on a way forward for you, having a plan is a good thing!
For what it’s worth I echo David’s thoughts regards models and what might be suitable for your journey, foam ones are not my area although having seen the Discovery flown does seem to tick the box, the standout one for me is the KK Super 60, it’s tough as old boots does the job very well and is well proven, the kicker is you can build the aileron wing and you then have everything you need to progress once you have got over the initial learning stages.

Radio Queen is a great option too, this era of model was designed around the free flight models of the time so throttling back it’s inherent stability sorts it out to a degree.

As a matter of interest where in the country are you?

Hello Nigel,

Thank you for your comments and the information. I live just outside of Exeter in Devon.

15 hours ago, Simon Chaddock said:

Greg

I fly at a local council recreation ground but I am careful not to antagonise anyone. 

It has two football pitches and a rugby area so is quite large. 

I do not fly on any occasion that the local club have a match or are training. There are local dog walkers but fortunately they tend to walk round the perimeter so I can keep 50m away from them. Most of the time I am the only person on the whole field.

There are lots of tall trees around the edge too!

I am member of the BMFA so have the appropriate insurance.

I only fly lightweight foam electric which are very quiet. Some are in essence powered gliders with up to 2m span but as a result I do have to pick the right weather.

I have been building model planes, mostly rubber power and gliders since I was a lad but after I retired I wanted to move into 'modern' RC so I bought a simple Ready To Fly foam 40" span pusher trainer to find out what it was like.

Once I was happy with what it could and could not do it was not long before I used my building skills to improve it to my liking.

It worked for me.

Hello Simon,

I am please to read that I'm not on my own when it comes to what i want to do and not what others want me to do. It is a shame to feel repeatedly pressured into being told what is best for you as a beginner and not trying to encourage new flyers to the hobby who want to try it in a different way. All it strives to do is put me off and make me think have a chosen the right hobby for me and perhaps I should just stick to RC model boats. But having committed myself to purchasing a Balsa glider kit as my first aircraft which by the way I can't wait to start building, I look forward to my first days of flying, crashing, breaking and repairing whilst not decapitating anyone on the way.

What you have said about the area that you fly is almost identical to the recreation ground here where I live. Except that dogs are not allowed on the rec at any time. My area in addition to the playing fields has two Tennis courts and a small children's playground. And it is obvious to anyone with any sense you do not fly when any of those activities are taking place.

Thanks again. It was refreshing to read you comments.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, john stones 1 - Moderator said:

Odds are against you Greg, many many people have learnt to fly by themselves, you're now 74 and have arthritis in the hands. You've already stated you'll keep well away from others, so I'll leave the safety lecture be.

My advice ? Start with something light, slow and electric, a big I.C jobbie isn't the best choice by a long shot at this stage, you've stated yourself there'll likely be a disaster or two so choose something easily repaired and less likely to do harm to others.

Here's one choice, plenty more on companys website.

https://www.rapidrcmodels.com/arrow-bigfoot-pnp-with-vector-stabilisation-1300mm-8339-p.asp

Thank you John. Yes the odds are stacked against me but I have to overlook my age and my disability and adapt to what I can and can not do. I do feel a little aggrieved at been lectured on Clubs ( I am beginning to hate the word club). And also aggrieved at the suggestion that by trying to fly on my own in a busy recreation ground causing multiple injuries to anyone present would give the hobby a bad name which would be all my fault. As I said before. Please credit me with some sense and intelligence. I spent 20 years as a fireman where health and safety were at the forefront of our daily work. I know that their are irresponsible people out there but not all of us.   

Thank you for the recommendation of the aircraft. When I first wrote this post that is all I wanted from those with experience of RC aircraft. Model recommendations!!!

As you are a moderator I will mention now that although I the majority of advice I received has been very help in my research of the hobby I think it is probably time I call it quits with the forum. 

14 hours ago, Rich Griff said:

Hi Greg,

Club. Club. Club. I really do now hate the word. But thank you for all the other advice you have given.