AR6200 and DX6i bind issue

MikeyMikeMike

Hi People,

I'm new so don;t be mean! 

I have a problem I'm really struggling to solve. I hppe you wise people will be able to point me in the right direction.

I have an AR6200 and a DX6i - both are DSM2 - they say so on the devices.

Binding plug in and power supply attached to the controller (7.4v).

The lights flash on the AR6200 and satalite.

I have taken the spring out the throttle on the DX6i so I can have it stay low.

All other buttons/levers are on 0 on the DX6i.

I turn the DX6i on with trainer held 

The lights flash faster on both the satalite and ar6200 but then one by one

the lights go out on the satalite and ar6200 and they dont come back on at all for at least 30 seconds.

I am still holding the trainer up in the meanwhile.

I have tried it about 10ft away too.

I have also tried another ar6200 but the same issue.

This leads me to believe its the DX6i - what could be wrong and how can I fix it?

Thank you in advance.

Mike

The DS6i  came in 3 versions-

DSM2

DSM2 and DSMX    (with X on the case.)

DSMX only     ( also with X on the case ) when new EU regulations came in.  Something in the menu prevents you switching to DSM2.

The instruction sheet with the later Rx shows what is the correct setting to use for each type of Tx

well thank you all for the help.

Outrunner - I dont release the trainer at all - on the vids Ive seen you dont release till the lights go steady on the ar and satalite. and they dont go steady they just go off and stay off.

I have checked and the trans actually has DSM2 written on it so i can assume its DSM2 and the AR is DSM2.

is it safe to assume if its written on it DSM2 that it is ?

Denis - I am not sure about Mode - you could be right - but what mode do u mean ? Mode as in wrong vehicle selected or is there another mode?

Thanks again all!

Mike(y)

Edited by MikeyMikeMike

Mike, your Tx looks the same as mine with an X on the case which means it is DSMX.   However whether it is DSM2 as well depends on whether DSM2 has been removed to comply with EU/UK regs.     Mine does not transmit in DSM2 as it is a later version when DSM2 could no longer be imported into EU.  So mine is DSMX only and works with newer Rx only.   Mine will not work withthe old  DSM2 Rx.   

If I scroll down in Setup  to Modulation type I cannot change to DSM2  - its mentioned but I cannot change to it.    Perhaps yours is the same?

Where does it say DSM2 on your Tx?  I cannot see DSM2 on your photo -just DSM and DSMX ( the large X )

Edited by kc

As the AR6200 is DSM2 then you need to check whether your Tx is set to DSM2   - Setup - scroll down to modulation type.    Maybe it's like mine and cannot be set to DSM2. ( my Tx would not work with an AR 6200 but works with more modern Rx )   Or maybe you can set to DSM2 and it then should work with the AR6200.    

Hiya, yeah I see the DSMX on the trans. I didnt spot that and it was staring right at me! I guess that must be it. I'll get a DSMX reciever. Thanks all!

p.s the set up didnt have a modulation setting. the last in the list were contrast/ copy-reset and lastly - adjust left.

I guess I wasted my money on the AR, anyone want them for £10 each? I have 2...

Mike

Where exactly does it say DSM2 on the DX6i?

I have a DX6i that is exactly like yours but is both DSMX and DSM2 compatible. The only place is says so is in the Modulation Type in the Set Up menu. Mine is on an auto DSMX setting which also give DSM2. It does have a setting for DSM2 only.

It your DX6i is newer than mine (November 2020?) it is likely to have been manufactured with only DSMX available as required by the EU. 

Have you tried binding with the transmitter outside sometimes mine doesnt work inside.

What voltage is the battery you are using for receiver is it 4cell 4.8v.

The lights seem to flash really quick/erratic untill you turn on transmitter then they settle to what I would expect, is the receiver genuine Spektrum or an ebay purchace

Edited by Learner
Change

MMMike, as already suggested, the receiver and satellite cable should be thicker flexible cable.

The cable in the vid looks flimsy and I expect are hard wire inside as with non genuine copies.

These copies have no great range if you manage to bind at all.

See if you can borrow a known working receiver.

Edited by Denis Watkins

So it seems that this Tx is on DSMX at the moment - it's worth checking to see if it could be switched to DSM2 in the 'Modulation Type' ( item 11 in the Setup menu ) to use a DSM2 Rx. 

However note what Denis said about these possibly being fake Rx which are not reliable.   Try to get a refund if you can!   We don't like to see fakes being sold!   And if anyone sold a DSMX only Tx with DSM2 Rx then in UK that would be covered by Consumer laws as " not suitable for the purpose it was sold for"  and should be refunded .

• Like 1