Toolkit RC M9

KenC

I have a Toolkit M6D which I have been using for over a year with no problems. It regularly charges 2 6S lipo's at 4.5 amps at the same time with no heat problems. The fan in it seems to be be very efficient.

6 minutes ago, KenC said:

I am still a little surprised though that with the number of people on this forum , that only 4 have these , or say so .

Why's that? I don't know how many forum members there are but probably not many of them are active on the forum, out of the ones that are active I guess only a few of them have a Toolkit charger and you initially specified the Toolkit M9 charger which narrows down the search field even more.

What do you suggest, mandatory replies?

A non mandatory reply...

I have the Overlander dual charger, been used fairly regularly and have had no problems. Yiu can also download an app to automate the charging set up. ( i havent i object to apps that steal your info).Not the Toolkit item you were asking about but thought may broaden your outlook.

25 minutes ago, Outrunner said:

Why's that? I don't know how many forum members there are but probably not many of them are active on the forum, out of the ones that are active I guess only a few of them have a Toolkit charger and you initially specified the Toolkit M9 charger which narrows down the search field even more.

Yes, you will answer my questions ! or I will send the mother in law round to tell you about her operation !    Actually I was pointing to low adoption of the brand. 

I use a couple of Toolkit units.

Their power meter is very useful as it captures maximum current in a burst which my old Irvine unit will not.

For charging I use their M4Q unit normally on mains - works great but could do with a bit more power when charging my 5000mAH packs. The on screen info is good though.

On 06/07/2023 at 09:41, Outrunner said:

Possibly more multi-rotor enthusiasts use them as they specifically support some models.....

On 05/07/2023 at 14:05, KenC said:

Nearly a day later and no replies !  WOW .... do I take it no one uses this unit ?     How about the other toolkit chargers like the new Toolkit 7AC  ?

I am very pleased with my M6D and M6. Compact, easy to view screen and quiet/effective fan, case does not get hot so the heat is going somewhere else. 

Thanks Chris ,  the one I might look at is the M7 AC  as it can work from either mains (at home)  or DC  at the field . One thing I wondered is this unit offers the choice of dumping power on a storage discharge, either internally or externally  to reduce unit heat ..... I presume externally means to another battery , any comments ? 

I bought an M6DAC a couple of weeks ago, so far so good. Its discharge function is described in the manual as:

M6DAC supports two discharge modes.

1. Inter (Internal) Mode, discharge through internal heat consumption, maximum support 3.0A@12W discharge.

2. Recycle mode, when the input is a suitable battery, this function can recover the electric energy

from the discharging battery to the input battery, the maximum support is 15.0A@250W discharge.

The M7 has an additional discharge mode according to its instruction manual which is available on the toolkitrc.com website:

The charger supports three discharge modes.
1. Normal mode: discharge using internal heat dissipation, maximum 3.0A@15W discharge.
2. Recycle mode: when a battery is used as the input, the power is recovered to the input battery through this function, max 15.0A@300W discharge.
3. External mode: when the input port is connected to a discharge load and the output port is connected to the battery, it can be discharged through this function. Max 15.0A@300W discharge.

Thanks John , strange that they don't elaborate, or open the route for a unit to sell beside the M7 AC  called the external discharger !      I guess if you are right it could always provide a nice bright modeling light for the shed 🙂