Senior £47.00 Available from 1st December 2023
Junior £20.00 Available from 1st December 2023

Family Memberships
Family Senior £47.00 Available from 1st December 2023

Family Partner/Spouse £30.00 Available from 1st December 2023

Family Junior  £15.00 Available from 1st December 2023

Please note all BMFA memberships purchased from 01/12/2023 run until 31/12/2024

40 minutes ago, Rocker said:

Anyone know why the BMFA are not releasing what next year's subs are going to be ?

Accepting that Leccy's figures appear in the 'Join us' section of the BMFA Website the latest posting under 'News' is pasted below. I cannot find any later 'statement on membership fees's yet:

image.thumb.png.9d92185d5d6306dc21de74edff98de46.png

33 minutes ago, Rocker said:

The BMFA didn't buy Buckminister. They rent it for £30k a year and it runs at a loss.

If you watched the AGM and looked at the accounts, then you would have seen that the 2022-2023 reporting year Buckminster National Centre only lost £853 in real money (before depreciation is applied - which is a 'paper' amount for accounting purposes)  - and they have moved the BMFA office to Buckminster having sold Chacksfield House. The fees increases are nothing to do with the running of Buckminster (Not sure where or what Buckminister is but the BMFA don't own or rent it!). More it has to do with rebuilding the reserves to a safe level after an accounting issue.

If im right, Not all BMFA Affiliated clubs accept cover from other insurers and will only accept BMFA Cover ,, I know a few clubs down this way in Kent that only accept BMFA Insurance,, When i first joined my first club back in 1997, I had MPA ( Model Pilots Assiciation Insurance ) but had to change to BMFA Cover as clubs back then didn't accept MPA Cover

Within the BMFA Fees, you are not just paying for the Insurance cover,, the fee also includes many other BMFA Services and costs not forgetting The Staff at BMFA do need paying a wage for all the hard work the do for us all and the Hobby In General.. I' sure noone will hold that against them and expect them all to work so hard for us for nothing and not get paid for the great jobs they all do

Edited by GaryWebb
  • Like 3

Has not changed my view .That tells me the BMFA can not afford Buckminster if they keep running at a loss.Since the BMFA took on Buckminster  our subs have almost doubled .Buckminster is not a lot of use if you live on Scotland or the West Country !!!!!..I am not bothered about if the flying club will accept the LMA insurance or not .Enough us enough .The BMFA are pricing themselves out of the market

Edited by Rocker

Our club  from start up had membership and insurance from the  local sports council, but  that meant if you were a BMFA  member etc you were insured twice. Of course   the council cover was only for our own field so many did join BMFA etc. So this year we saved  by not insuring through the council and everyone must have membership of one of the  associations , personally LMA.

Edited by john davidson 1

1 hour ago, Christopher Long 1 said:

If you watched the AGM and looked at the accounts, then you would have seen that the 2022-2023 reporting year Buckminster National Centre only lost £853 in real money (before depreciation is applied - which is a 'paper' amount for accounting purposes) ...

From the Buckminster budget in the AGM documents.

22/23 deficit £35,080 (actual)

23/24 deficit £58,069 (estimated)

24/25 deficit £40,343 (budget)