Dave Goodenough, new to the forum.

Hi,  Surprisingly, I've not been on this forum before and thought it was high time I signed up.  I write the 'One Man and His Shed' articles, plus others that may be of interest.  A long-time modeller - a mere 68 years thus far - I design, build and fly almost anything, but have nil interest in drones and helicopters.  Sorry about that, but at least I've got the mention out there!  

I'm always interested in other model flyers and their particular preferences, particularly traditionally built craft.  I've been known to delve into Depron for models, but for me 'wood is good'.  Anyone out there that wants to chat, just begin tapping the keyboard...

All the best, Dave.

P1012190.JPG

• Like 9

I like your column Dave, keep up the good work. Neat looking flying wing with square section carbon spars and no D-box LE, your own creation presumably? Perhaps a future plan in the mag, hopefully? 😃

Likewise, I thought your little depron Debrayer Pelican in the March issue very cute. Would be nice to see a few depron designs appearing in the mag, especially a larger version of the Pelican you mentioned. Quick and cheap to build, would encourage others to have a go. I have built several flying wings including a couple of O.Ds. You can never have too many!

Dave

That is a spectacular and almost beautiful wing in line with "Wood is good".

Except and perhaps to be a bit controversial it does rely pretty heavily on a non wood material for its strength!

My own vision is to "Use a material best suited to the application and then use just enough of it to meet the duty required".

It has to be a "vision" as its almost impossible to achieve without resources I do not have access to or can afford.

About the best I can do is follow the adage "Try, Break, Improve, Repeat"!