Sign of the times - funnies * Remember this is a family friendly forum and inappropriate postings will be removed without warning.

ken anderson.

Advert

Not exactly a joke but...

My 94 year old sister is in a care home, thinking of a Xmas pressie for her is always a problem. This year I thought a couple of pairs of non-slip slipper socks would be a great idea.    

I picked a pastel pink pair first then thought a Xmas themed design would be nice for the second pair.  

I was just about to hit the button on this pair Reindeer pattern when I took a closer look - then decided another pastel coloured pair would perhaps be more suitable for an old lady. 😁

• Haha 12

46 minutes ago, PatMc said:

My 94 year old sister is in a care home, thinking of a Xmas pressie for her is always a problem. This year I thought a couple of pairs of non-slip slipper socks would be a great idea.    

I picked a pastel pink pair first then thought a Xmas themed design would be nice for the second pair.  

I was just about to hit the button on this pair Reindeer pattern when I took a closer look - then decided another pastel coloured pair would perhaps be more suitable for an old lady. 😁

What on Earth were they thinking of....

4 hours ago, PatMc said:

A very good friend of mine is an artist and every year she designs her own cards.

A few years ago she did one which was a winter landscape and if you looked very carefully in the background were a couple of reindeer "performing".

The message inside read "In seasons Greetings"

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, Peter Miller said:

Carrier.thumb.jpg.a75e3d5ff96509ffd9371651641dab72.jpg

Actually I saw an almost similar thing happen in real life at RAF Wattisham.

We had a visit from the top brass of the Venezuelan air force on the station. They were all standing on the balcony round the control tower.

A pilot by the name of "Bugs" Bundell was  demonstrating a Lighting.  He made his final run between our hangar and the tower below the level of the hangar roof.

We heard the most almighty BANG as he went past at what must have been almost Mach 1.  All the glass came out of the top watch tower on top of the control tower,showering the VIPS.  The windscreen of the fire truck standing there shattered and the roof of our line hut (a prefab house) rose up, the wall came in by a foot and the roof came back down and all the light fittings fell down.

Bugs circle round and landed and a Land Rover was waiting to take him to the tower where the station commander was waiting at the door.

I  am told that Bugs Bundell was actually leaving the station the next day anyway.  Well he truly left with a bang!

• Haha 3

16 hours ago, Peter Miller said:

Actually I saw an almost similar thing happen in real life at RAF Wattisham.

We had a visit from the top brass of the Venezuelan air force on the station. They were all standing on the balcony round the control tower.

A pilot by the name of "Bugs" Bundell was  demonstrating a Lighting.  He made his final run between our hangar and the tower below the level of the hangar roof.

We heard the most almighty BANG as he went past at what must have been almost Mach 1.  All the glass came out of the top watch tower on top of the control tower,showering the VIPS.  The windscreen of the fire truck standing there shattered and the roof of our line hut (a prefab house) rose up, the wall came in by a foot and the roof came back down and all the light fittings fell down.

Bugs circle round and landed and a Land Rover was waiting to take him to the tower where the station commander was waiting at the door.

I  am told that Bugs Bundell was actually leaving the station the next day anyway.  Well he truly left with a bang!

Last flights tend to be when rules get broken!  I remember a last flight when I was at RAF Brawdy and the pilot doing the weather check returned and "wired up the joint"!  It certainly got my attention as I was just finishing breakfast in the Mess before heading down to the flight line!  Can't remember what happened to the pilot but I think it was his last operational day anyway!  The aircraft was a Hunter either a Mk 9 or Mk 6A and those could go pretty fast at sea level if you wound them up!  Not as fast as a Frightening though!

• Like 2