Sign of the times - funnies * Remember this is a family friendly forum and inappropriate postings will be removed without warning.

ken anderson.

5 hours ago, leccyflyer said:

May be a doodle of text

Close to the mark that. One of the Lancasters on the Dambusters raid did just that, flew to low over the sea and the impact tore off the bomb damaging the belly, much water was scooped into the aircraft. Relieved of the weight the Lanc staggered back into the air and made it back to base. Rear gunner said he nearly drowned as water flowed down the fuselage and into his turret.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Peter Miller said:

Been there,done that, only 40 minutes wait

Struggling to pay my tax online, I  phoned them and after 20 minutes,"Can I help you ".  me " I would like to pay my tax bill."  You can do that on www etc he replied and put the phone down.

• Haha 2

The reason that I phoned was that I had sent my tax return in by post.  The lady in the Post Office said that I should send it "signed for".  Royal mail had no signature for it so I put a claim in to the PO and they sent me 8 1st class stamps'

Then I phoned the tax office and they told me that they had received it.  8 stamps is worth having these days!!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2