Are we an ageing hobby?

All the discplines mentioned but my main 3 regulars

Elec Aerobatics (incl 3D)
Elec Helis
I/c Helis

Started at about 8 yrs old with a Keilcraft Ajax glider and a Keilcraft soft plastic RTF Control Line Hurricane .049 glow engine (flew like a brick on a string!)

Advert

a. ic sport

b.elec sport

Started at about 9-10 years old with various KK free flight and rubber powered kits and moved on at about 12 years old with a KK champ control liner with a DC dart diesel given to me by my grandad .

IC Sport
IC Warbird

Used to live next to Sutton Park (Sutton Coldfield) and watched guys flying there when i was about 4 years old(some of my earliest momories come to think of it). Was instantly hooked but could only afford to do it for myself in the last couple of years. Lovin-it!

Good response so far, let's please keep it up. So if you haven't "come clean" on age and starts etc so far please consider doing so.

Its very interesting to see common trends looking like they are emerging - lots of us seem to have had our first experiences from a Keil Kraft kit for example - often around the same sort of age 12-14. Interesting stuff.

Eric I think you're a hero - good on you mate. I hope that you get your A real soon

BEB

Sorry guys..but some of you are ignoring the request in the O/P.
This thread is NOT for chat - stick to the quick and simple one liner answers to the questions asked, as sorting this data will be just too difficult.
As we have already said there is a dedicated thread for the chat side.... HERE.
I have knecked a couple already in here, so if yours is missing - thats why - and please repost  the data  again .

Thanks for that Timbo.

It really does help me if we keep this thread with just the data. If everyone interweaves the data with a "story" then it ends up taking me an awful long time to extract the data from the text - and in my experience when folks do that they almost invariably end up forgetting to answer one of the questions  So just data here is good.

Please do give us the background as well - its fasinating detail - but the right place for that is in the discussion thread please!

Thanks to everyone who has responded so far - keep them coming in!

BEB