Biggles' Mess

Barry, yes you can copy the IMG link, then delete everything up and including the [IMG] tag, and also delete the closing [/IMG] tag at the end.

But what you're left with is identical to what you get from the 'Direct' link - so much quicker and easier just to grab the 'Direct' link in the first place! wink 2

• 2 weeks later...

I guess that's the Longhorsley LMA meeting Ken? It's a few years since I went to that (2009 by the looks of things...)

Down here tomorrow is forecast to be wet and a little breezy, Sunday looks good - sunny though still a little breezy, and the forecast for Monday is changing each time I look! I might go and lob a glider off Colley Hill tomorrow if there are gaps between the showers.

Well I'm so fed up with the wind and rain I've decided to build one of these.

fiu_109l.jpg

With the prevailing "breeze" I could even launch it from my bedroom window !

view.jpg

Could be good for chasing those really annoying rooks, which seem to have taken up residence.

kevinb.

Edited By kevin b on 24/05/2014 10:27:42

Easy and cheap to build. Mine's ready for covering after only a few hours. Might do a build log on it.

Following the build instructions is interesting. Particularly if you can't read french and go for the Google translation !

I've opted for micro servos in the wing. 2.4ghz park fly receiver and 4 AAA cells. It should be fairly light and small enough to throw in the back of the car.

Not sure on the colour scheme as the original is very nice.

Posted by Chuck Plains on 28/05/2014 16:51:5:
Ah, that'll be a picture of The Warren then.

Yes Chuck, taken from the Café car park after a Sunday afternoon coffee there.

On a good day you can see as far as France and Dungeness, but that day not even the tankers in the channel!

David

Posted by David Tweddle on 30/05/2014 13:01:33:
Posted by Chuck Plains on 28/05/2014 16:51:5:
Ah, that'll be a picture of The Warren then.

Yes Chuck, taken from the Café car park after a Sunday afternoon coffee there.

On a good day you can see as far as France and Dungeness, but that day not even the tankers in the channel!

David

I grew up in Folkestone in the 70s. Hmm, maybe grew up is to strong a phrase! smile p

I went to school, learned to drive and crash there. That sounds more like it. face 20

The Weather at Longhorsley was much better than the forecast, them as wanted to fly got about as much in as they liked. Friday not good. Saturday was a bit iffy but lots of flying, with the evening wet and the BBQ postponed till Sunday. Sunday, flying progressed all day, and most of us managed to get the burnt offerings done before the rain started. Monday was nice, but pretty quiet with most leaving for home