Model flying photos you're proud of

... and since we're on a Telemaster theme, here's a picture of the "works" Barn Door Wing Senior Telemaster in flight. This model features the original four-spar wing with flaps and inset ailerons rather than the later Joe Bridi wing with two spars and strip ailerons. Thunder Tiger 91 FS up.

Senior Telemaster

ARTF Senior Telemaster coming in to land. Thunder Tiger 91.

Telemaster 40. 73" wingspan trainer originally intended for a 40-sized two-stroke, but powered by a 3548 electric motor and a 4S LiPo. Of all the Telemasters this was my favourite...

Rapsody in Blue!

...until the wings parted company with the fuselage when I was demonstrating it to a bloke who might have bought it!

rip t40 (1).jpg

Advert

Not so much proud but it was its maiden in 1967. I did not take the photo but I was flying it.

Slack lines!

48" span scale DH4. Actually built for free flight 2 years earlier but never flown as I could not afford to risk loosing the Mills 75 up front!.

Converted to control line and as you can see from the line tension it was very slow with the rudder off set only just countering the line drag!

At 61 it easily my oldest plane and I still have it!

Awesome Simon - it's amazing to have a model last that long.

My PSS Me-163C in parkflying mode doing a close pass - screen grab from a Mobius. I usually take the prop off for PSS flying although it flies just as well with it left on.tau - kometa.jpg

Edited By KiwiKid on 23/10/2016 23:57:58

Hi all, it has been a long time since I have visited this forum, it is nice to see you are all still very active here, as facebook seems to be killing forums. Anyway here is a few of many photos I am proud of. None of the models are mine by the way sorry if that was the stipulation I have no objection for them to be removed if this is the case.wetwings_5.jpgwetwings_12.jpg

ladmas_18.jpg

ladmas_16.jpg

Posted by Simon Chaddock on 23/10/2016 22:26:31:

Not so much proud but it was its maiden in 1967. I did not take the photo but I was flying it.

Slack lines!

48" span scale DH4. Actually built for free flight 2 years earlier but never flown as I could not afford to risk loosing the Mills 75 up front!.

Converted to control line and as you can see from the line tension it was very slow with the rudder off set only just countering the line drag!

At 61 it easily my oldest plane and I still have it!

I would like to see a photo of it as it is now, if you can spare the time.

Be interesting to see how a plane survived that long- mine used to survive weeks, if I was lucky!

Is it still airworthy?

Edited By ted hughes on 24/10/2016 10:49:00

Ted

It is still complete but the Mills 75 is very tired with rather too much play in the crankshaft bearing and I would hate to think of the state the diesel soaked balsa around the engine.

This is the most recent picture I have of it taken in 2010, then only 45 years old! Not surprisingly there are a few tears in the tissue.

DH4 in 2010

It flew with the four bladed prop. My dad very carefully lap jointed two wooden 7x6s together. Certainly not recommended but judged acceptable in this case because of the modest power and revs of the Mills!

Although certainly not heavy (about 9 oz) the rigging (button thread) is functional as it uses a true scale RAF16 wing section. I can still remember cutting out the 72 wing ribs. wink 2

Edited By Simon Chaddock on 24/10/2016 12:26:36