Model flying photos you're proud of

This one, Tony? It was just a still taken from a Mobius vid whilst the Decathlon was inverted flying towards the sunset. Once you move away from the horizontal plane, the Mobius lens shows a lot of curvature. This is it with the horizon in the correct place. I think the other version looks quite convincing, eh? smile

543241.jpg

Pete

Advert

Depends where you are, I suppose. I don't know about CAA rules but peeps seem to launch balloons with Sootie attached etc without being prosecuted. I suspect the VTX link would be way over what is allowable in the UK to get that sort of range.

Pete

In the UK, I understand that you do need CAA permission to launch a weather balloon or other high altitude unmanned vehicle. I believe there are only certain areas that they can be launched from, for example the west coast of Wales and other isolated areas away from regular flight paths.

Martyn

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

My Flair Hooligan. It had hit the top of one of the trees in the background but the engine, an Irvine 46 kept going and I managed to steer it back to a safe landing trailing the foliage you see in my hand from its undercarriage! My clubmates were most amused. Wish I hadn't sold the model now. sad.

Edited By David Davis on 15/06/2016 05:13:24

This one was taken in Bali but unfortunately not by myself.

I like it a lot as - in my opinion - it represents the very appropriate basic meaning of First Person View...

fpv_ eagle_bali.jpg

Note the ship's nose shadow on the eagle's right wing.

Hakuna matata

Chris

BRU - BE / CTR FPV Control