The 'share your photos' thread (not model flying)

Absolutely nothing to do with planes but technical nevertheless.

I never grew up so using the kids Lego I built a twin cylinder double acting 'steam' engine.

Steam6

Square pistons and everything. With the aid of a vacuum cleaner it works.

My grandson used to play with his Lego but now of course its all about computer games on the internet.
I am sure he thinks I must be senile in my old age!wink 2

Yes David that's our cat Sammy next to badger. Would you believe there was virtually no conflict between our cat and badgers in the past. The same applies to foxes once you feed them. When we first got our cat 10 years ago he was inclined to try and chase away foxes and badgers but soon realised he was wasting his time. There is plenty of conflict between Sammy and the cat that lives next door. More pictures :

19-08-2010 ; badgers 006.jpg

Dog Fox with Tonky

tonky and fox.jpg

p5080511.jpg

Edited By Mike Etheridge 1 on 07/01/2021 17:00:19

David , in the 30 or so years have been watching badgers they have never shown any signs of aggression towards our cats. They do nudge and argue with each other but not too seriously . They do rank in pecking order above foxes and when food is on offer foxes will not challenge badgers for it. Our cat has been chased a few times by foxes and people in neighbouring roads have lost cats to foxes. Our cat sometimes makes the mistake of appearing / moving behind foxes and that often promotes a chase which Sammy has so far won but only just. Something did bite Sammy recently which cost our £160 at the Vets , but we suspect the culprit was next door's cat.. I am not getting the friendly badger visits now, and only Fox Cub visits now, the Mother Vixen has disappeared.

Thanks for the bun !

badger.jpg

pb180003.jpg

A mistake !

009.jpg

Edited By Mike Etheridge 1 on 08/01/2021 16:37:25

ooooh, brave cat. Yes, we've had a few vets bills over the years after Hugo has come home worst for wear. I've always suspected foxes but did wonder about badgers too although it's probably other cats as you say. Nice pics from your wildlife cafe thumbs upsmile

Edited By David Ashby - Moderator on 08/01/2021 20:51:55

David: If you turn your picture upside down, there is an even clearer face in that area. Also, the dark cloud now looks like its mother, keeping an eye on it... lol.

Finding pictures in clouds is a game which never got old when played with my children, and is a game which continues with my grandchildren. smiley