So What Did Santa Bring You?

scott finnie

I got the usual aftershave set and Top Gear dvd off of the wife and kids. I'd have been happy with a gallon of glow fuel! However, my little brother(god bless him), decided I needed something to occupy myself with. As a result I now have a valveless pulse jet engine to play with. I'll have to sort out a fueling system for it, but it's not that complicated. Not sure if it'll make it in to a plane but might give it a go. I'll never be able to fly it at my site. I might take the engine down there for a couple of run ups as I'd get lynched by the neighbors if I tried it at home. I might be able to fly it a couple of times at my Dads place in Lincolnshire as that is in the middle of nowhere.

Andy

Advert

A Pheonix 2000 motorised glider from Mrs BEB the HK one - very nice, what a surprise(!), thank you dear! An illustrated history of the Lanc and DVD about the Lancaster from the kids (do you think they are trying to tell me something?) and a silver Spitfire-keyring for the shed door key from my sister.

As you can see I have my "nearest and dearest" well trained in term of what are suitable presents for an aeromodeller!

BEB

FIVE pairs of socks(smile o), a DVD set of 'An Idiot Abroad' (is my daughter trying tell me something, I wonder?teeth 2), various nibbles and chocs, a pair of Classic Aircraft mugs and some books, including the only modelling item - 'Airbrushing and Spray Painting' by Ian Peacock - so no excuse now!

Pete

10 pairs of socks (telling me something?) , shirts, a nice single malt , after shave, a cooking book and tons of sweets and chocolate.

I have diabetes - thought they all know about it - so not a real cracker disgust

What about models?

face 1 well - I got the order to repair and/or finish what is laying around in the workshop face 1

VA - under new government

I was allowed to choose my pressies pre xmas, which ended up as the Douglas A1 Skyraider and a DX8 system, however on opening pressies on xmas morning I also got a Dremel 4000 complete with workstation and an ARTF Tucano (Unfortunately not the mass build one, but very nice all the same), plus the motor, esc and lipos for my Techone Pulama, how they figured out what I needed I will never work out but very gratefull all the same.

I did get a "Dads Shed" plaque off the 2 year old (he's learning very quickly lol)

On the downside I did also get this rubbish flu virus going around and spent most of xmas day and boxing day in bed

Well, after some cash from my parents, I just ordered my first "grown up" TX/RX combo (well I am nearly 50!!), a futaba 6J + 2 rx's. Having been only flying for a few months with an "all in 1" deal, I'm sooo looking forward to a real radio! And the added possibility of a new plane in January wink

Edited By Mart49 on 27/12/2012 11:32:14

A couple of Hi-Tech 2.4 Rx, no excuse to transfer from 35mhz. Some permagrit toys, a wildthing, looking forward to trying a bit of slope soaring. Also treated myself to an elec Wot4 (wood), this will be my winter hack.

I have found the best way to ensure rc goodies is to create a list complete with hyperlinks. Works a treat and still a pleasent surprise because never sure what has been chosen from list. Just need to get the kids to use the list.

"Swifter than Eagles". The story of the crew of a Pathfinder Lanc which tragically crashed just 10 mins from home base in early '45 on return from a raid. A brilliant insight into what was actually involved in putting together a crew - all the training, travel and sheer time that took, and how the experience was different (yet similar in so many ways) for each crew member. SIgned by the author aswell (who is a cousin of one of the deceased crew). A real find, and a cracking read

This year i have done exceptionally well. As the person who for years could only count on my mother to get me things I really wanted. I have found the one person you can count on always, is your mother.

Anyway back to this year.

1 * Bottle of "Goldwasser" a Geraman spirirt originally from Danzig.

1 * Brambuie, in recognition of one part of the families origins, which I feel compelled to taost ech evening.

1 * Ferrari, actually a RC car, a homage to engineering, although Porsche are more usable and affordable. But in the patio race, it works.

alot * of minor things, which mean a lot. Various marzipan chocolates from Germany. German quality marzipan, is low in sugar, high in Almonds. Makes a real difference.

1 * Bradley Wiggins, a reflection on my previous hobby which i enjoyed immensely, with such pleasure i cannot convey. As my wife said, what is pleasurable about coming home totally exhausted, more often than not dirty, smelly cloths as a minimum. Age and the atrocious behaviour of some motorists did it for me. I have found that club cyclists obeyed the laws and regulation to road users, some loaners just do not. Braddley being one of my heroes, some of the others like Nicole Cook, and Victoria Pendleton have no books and are far to pretty for an old man to drool over, whilst sighing, such a wonderful technique, she can really go and for so long.

now for the things most modellers can relate to

1 * Parkzone Stinson Reliant, purchased apparently from Kings Lynn models, as it had been noted, I had spent time looking at the model and sighing. A few questions from the better half, then using recently viewed had it purchased. My lectures with respect to check on-line first, before going to the shops. That way you will know if you are being ripped off by the shop. In this case, apparently the LMS with stock was more expensive, cost more in either petrol or the postage than Kings Lynn Models. I am so proud of my savy shopper.

1 * Book pub. by Putnam "Lockheed aircraft since 1913"

1 * " " " " Gloster aircraft since 1917"

1 * " " " " " Bristol Aircraft "

1 * " " " " "The German Fighter since 1915"

This last book is a history book, dealing with political, financial as much as the aircraft. This book so far is worth writing a short piece about.

All the books extracted from my list of long term books to buy. I keep this with all my Internet information. Never thought it would prove so useful. Nor did I suspect any one else knew of its existence. OMG, what else is known,ohh noo!!! not my collection of "..............................

Oh I have done really well, in my opinion.

My modelling isn't restricted to RC aircraft, and this year was a non-aircraft christmas.

However, I need some high power servos for a little project, which I have the money for now, and have plenty enough on the go to last though and hopefully beyond this atrocious weather which is stopping my usual seasonal slope adventures!

Just got this email through! Ive sent an email back since ive not ordered anything from them ;

Re: Order Number: 46906

Dear Scott Finnie

Ref order

Your order has now been shipped & will be with you shortly.

Thank you

(Gliders Distribution)

Shall be interesting to see what arrives, ive had a look on there sight a week ago but dont remember ordering anything at all

Posted by weasel on 26/12/2012 19:50:41:

I was very pleased, as my grandson & his sister got me a Slec-Funfly for christmas. Going to start to build it shortley. I had the original type with the foam wings in 1993 and it flew great so looking foward to flying this one. i am debating what engine to fit i have a new super tigre G34 and also a sc40 ?

SC40 I think, mine has an MDS 38 which is about right so a 40 would be perfect.

I got a Jen' starter, hand operated fuel pump (for glow and petrol) and lots of fuel tubing which is superb! Engines!

I also got lots of books, racing and aviation, including an excellent book on Spitfires. I will build one at some point, P7350 as seen here...

CS