Forum members' new models: Let's see them.

Hi FB3,

Evolution Models Fusion. Gavin Barden who designed and sells them and I are in the same club, so it was rude not to build one.

It's bare white on top as I haven't printed the graphics up for the top yet.

Covering with checks is fun but came out spot on I think.

Overlander 3548 motor, corona CS238MG servos. They go well on 3S, climb like homesick angels on 4S.

Shaunie.

• 2 weeks later...

gonzales_2[1].jpgWell, not exactly new, more a case of rising from the ashes. I was going to bin it but decided to rebuild. Just shows that sometimes its worth questioning why bin it.  Some may recognise it as the Gonzales from (dare I say it) Q&E.  As you can see from the pic, its not its first nose rebuild, haha!

gonzales_1[1].jpg

Edited By Mannyroad on 16/10/2016 22:24:16

Edited By Mannyroad on 16/10/2016 22:25:51

Bought this last year from Salisbury. Been working on it off and on since then. Its had new servos, battery redundancy, new linkages, modified exhaust, new tail wheel , new nav light system,dual aileron servos and all new linkages. Just the wings to get sprayed up and check the CG....

The hole in the side of the fuselage was intentional as I needed access to get the closed loop and nav light wires in. It has a litho hatch that will be screwed in and painted white.

mulligan decals 2.jpg

mulligan decals 1.jpg

Edited By cymaz on 22/10/2016 13:11:42

1/4 scale Bud Nosen plan. The previous owner/builder had never started the 62cc petrol stroke or flown it. So, essentially, it's a virgin airframe.

However, the builder had extended the wing span and not stuck to the plan. It doesn't really distract from the look. The wing span is 12ft , 6ft long fuselage, 12" radial cowl. It weighs about 17kg. Today, I have spent the day doing calculations for CG and wing cubic loading. As it stands the GC computer spread sheet confirms 5" from leading edge. The WCL is 12.5 which seems about right. A score of 10-13 is correct for scale.

I managed to find the Bud Nosen plans and build instructions online and bought it. So if you are up for it Steve...wink

The decals came from here. They are really nice quality. I will be quietly bricking myself on the maiden face 3face 3. Despite triple checking EVERYTHING