Forum members' new models: Let's see them.

Advert

dsc_0894.jpgdsc_0893.jpgdsc_0890.jpg

A few pictures of the nerve wracking maiden flight of my Topflite Corsair. I left the cowl off, to enable easy access to tweak the OS95v however, no tweaking necessary! what a beautiful engine... and the model's not bad. removing the cowl moved the C of G a little far back for comfort, however she was just about controllable!

dsc_0889.jpg

Yesterday was bright and sunny with a favourable wind and most of the club fliers up at the field.

Having put the first fail down to insufficient thrust, too high AOA on the dolly it was plan B....Bungee

With Dave (big thanks!) at the TX and the rest of the club moving their chairs to the flight line (no pressure then!) it just made the bungee pull into the air, then with throttle full up it pulled away with the bungee cord dropping away a few seconds later.

With it trimmed in as much as possible Dave put on a cracking display with big low fly pasts.

20170514_125619_1494793562828.jpg

There are few lessons learnt, don't do overweight, pusher, underpowered with novel launch system models without a good bunch of club mates behind you!

Few mods, decals and hope to get many more flights out of it. Thanks to the late Brian H for building it.

Tony, your aerobatic prototype looks excellent and you must be chuffed to have an uneventful first flight with a new and untried design. Congratulations too on your progress with 3D printing your own design components such as cowling and other key parts. You really are well ahead of the game.

Ian, your Corsair really does look "the business"!

I have always been fascinated by Luft '46 concept planes. Most of them were a bit dodgey given the tech at the time, but a number have been successfully built as RC models. There are only a couple of expensive kits around, so it is pretty much make your own. Here's a half way house type of model I knocked up starting with the X8 FPV ship. It's the sort of thing I think Blohm und Voss would have come up with if they had had enough time.

Edited By KiwiKid on 05/06/2017 00:50:51

Got this last weekend for £65. Thought nothing of it, but when I looke inside, it is a almost bind n' fly- Spektrum Ar6210 rx, Hitec 645MG servos. new 6v sub c battery pack, on-board glo ignition and battery and all leads. Also has hd horns.
It had a Saito 220 Zeus engine, but the aircraft has never flown. Not sure what to put in it, but a large petrol, perhaps...

atwood_miles (2).jpg