Forum members' new models: Let's see them.

Posted by Stuphedd on 06/05/2019 22:14:44:

My diminutive Sterling Great Lakes fitted with UMX radio going for its Maiden and then siting on top of a telewag pole .

so it flew !!!

now it can be "painted up "

cheers

may 05 2019 gl002.jpgmay 05 2019_gl001.jpg

Nice thumbs up,

Be careful with the paint not to add to much weight.

Or just leave it as it is, looks great to me.

Steve

Test Flew My Waco PG-2 today. THis is a new build of my old Waco. GThis was orginally published in R/C Model World and then later in RCM in the USA. Powered with two Cox 049 adn later with Speed 400 motors.

This one has two brushess motors and it si grossly over power, it even threw prop blades in flight.

62" span, 500 sqin, wieght is 2lbs 12 ounces (1255 grams)

waco5.jpg

waco 4.jpg

waco 1.jpg

waco3.jpg

may-19-2019_6129z.jpgmay-19-2019_6119z.jpgA week or so ago I put some flying shots of my little Great Lakes on its first flight ,

As it flew I had decided to "paint it up " Steve Jones suggested I did'nt so I just added the wheel spats and the Pilot which actually locks the lipo in position, He sits on it like a parachute and his shoulders "jam " under the sides of the cockpit , So it is now ready for the sub 250 grm in November !may-19-2019_6107z.jpg

Posted by Stuphedd on 21/05/2019 11:37:21:

may-19-2019_6129z.jpgmay-19-2019_6119z.jpg

A week or so ago I put some flying shots of my little Great Lakes on its first flight ,

As it flew I had decided to "paint it up " Steve Jones suggested I did'nt so I just added the wheel spats and the Pilot which actually locks the lipo in position, He sits on it like a parachute and his shoulders "jam " under the sides of the cockpit , So it is now ready for the sub 250 grm in November !may-19-2019_6107z.jpg

Well that looks Great and seem to fly well too.

Nowt wrong with that thumbs up

Steve

To replace the Sbach 342 I lost a few weeks back, a new (to me) Sbach but this time a 300. Once again power by the Laser GA30 which has been rebuilt by Jon at Laser, having to fit a new crank, bearings and a new carb as all were damaged in the crash. I first took the 300 up to the field last week but had a problem trying to start the engine which was eventually traced to a broken hal sensor magnet in the prop driver. Replaced and back again today but had a problem with the engine cutting out, forcing me into dead stick landings but no damage. Back at home I found that the tank's plumbing wasn't quite right for the GA30 (plus a stupid oversize on my part) which was allowing air to get into the system. Now all fixed. However I am very pleased with the performance (despite the dead sticks), with plenty of power from the GA30 giving it a sprightly performance despite it being a bit heavier than the previous Sbach. I also tried Aspen fuel for the first time, not cheap but as Jon has mentioned, much cleaner than standard petrol oil mix.

img_2580.jpg

img_2590.jpg

img_2593.jpg