Forum members' new models: Let's see them.

Advert

On the seventh time of asking, a Hobbyking Yak 55M got launched. Laser 80 shoehorned in. The seven attempts were caused by problems with the chicken hopper tank system, a defective main needle O ring, defective plug (only been in 5 years), and me forgetting to bring the canopy.

Anyway, it's done. Nice flier, docile enough with care, benign stall, very agile. I was nervous about this one as the advised control throws were abviosly fiction. Half the advised throws give lunatic mode. And a 540° stall turn.

img_0713.jpg

Maiden flight of a new to me YT Falke SF-25 today. Bought from a swapmeet a few weeks ago but after a holiday and the first days of Easter spent reorganising the shed this was my first opportunity to go flying.

Balance still needs a bit of tweaking but other than that was reasonably behaved in the gusty conditions. Needs a pilot too!

20190421_172905.jpg

20190421_172938.jpg

I bought this unmade HK Sbach a week ago and was going to power it with one of my DLE 35s. I then decided to fit a Laser GA30 petrol to see what it would be like. First flights today show that I made the right choice, not a true 3D machine but can perform scale aerobatics. First flight required 2 clicks up and 1 right aileron then flew hands off. Second flight was cut short as it developed a pronounced nose down attitude so thinking that something had shifted position I landed and discovered that an elevator servo horn had stripped its teeth, lucky escape for me! Thought that was the end of flying but later in the day a pal came up to fly and just happened to have some spare servo horns with him. 10 minutes later all fixed so ran the engine up to temp then noticed that on full throttle the elevator half’s were waving to me, in opposite directions, not a problem at lower throttle settings, just when in high. Couldn’t see anything that would cause this but decided not to fly! Anyway, here are some photos.

40b8cf85-d7fe-49b3-81f4-fe3b4f17bbe6.jpeg

8e4a2889-c39d-4da5-a775-1378cb811980.jpeg

d1b80680-9d63-4701-840c-f23547d504aa.jpeg

Posted by Tony Bennett on 04/05/2019 16:48:32:

my latest two nearly finished projects.

Tony B

I like the top one, thumbs up.

I made something similar years ago and was considering making it again only this time around i would fit an electric motor.
Look forward to seeing some flight videos of that one have you named it yet.

Steve

Hi Tony,

It should fly great mine looked very similar rolls where axle good speed range.

High speed flights and nice slow high alpha landings The only problem with mine was the ic engine.

Good luck with you`re maiden.

I wish i had some pictures of mine to show you, I think i still have the wings and tail plane but sadly that`s all.

Steve smiley

Edited By Stephen Jones on 05/05/2019 11:29:22

Not really "new" or my model, but bought from ebay for £26, but come with a Futaba FASST rx and ready to go. There were some new APC props, chicken stick and fuel as well.
Going to use this model as a hack to test new protocols on, for example a Taranis radio and this radio's reliability and put the Futaba rx for another model after test fly...

jumper25 (2).jpg

Oh and here's mine: a Chris Reid Mignon - slightly mucked about with,hence I might call it Minion instead

3s D2836/8 1100KV. A really quick build and nice and easy. Was going to give it some test flying today but I was unwell.

Free plan in RCM&E last year. I like building from free plans - it's a splendid reeducation after a long break away.

dscf0012.jpg

wet today, so put light in the pss hawk and roundals. its got no intakes and if i like psss, but so far its either been wet, wrong wind or been ic flying.

give it a go, the reason why I gave up gliders in the first place. Got the Cloud but seems its always against it.

hawk (3).jpg

Finally built a Panther from the free plan, SC52FS power. Used the Sarik cut parts but wish I'd saved the money as I could probably have done it from my scrapbox. The covering is all leftover bits of HK film, trying to make something that I won't lose the orientation of. Just need weather, time, inclination and bicycle clips now.

img_9009.jpg

img_9011.jpg