Seasons Greetings

Advert

I feel compelled to join in the seasons greetings.

I feel for those whose Christmas has been dulled by recent natural events, particularly those whose personal experiences contrast with the those able to to get together with family and friends.

At a personal level I am now preparing for daughter No.2 coming for dinner, Cheese parcels ready for the oven (learnt how to do at the Nick Nairn, school), as a starter. I have the turkey in the oven, potatoes prepared ready to go, my German red cabbage pre-made (just needs reheating), carrots ready to cook. Souffles ready to for Veggie Daughter No.2 and so on,

I am starting to think about tomorrow, Boxing Day, when Daughter No.1 joins us, Son-in law, three grandchildren. All having with personal whims, as well as Daughter No2..

My wife has gone to visit her mother, saying, now stay calm, it does not matter if you are a little late. Now having broke a bottle of Gluhwein, I am relaxed, things can get worse, yet considering the troubles of others, they are very trivial.

Best wishes for all! Here is hoping for a good modelling year!

Hope everybody got what they wished for!

We had an unconventional Christmas, no electricity from 2am Christmas eve. We've got a little 850W two stroke genny bought for caravanning really. With a bit of power management it was running the heating boiler, television and the WFi. Power came back at 5pm, respect to the guys at the network, their webpage showed an absolute sea of problems in the South East.

Christmas lunch was turkey and roast tatties done on the barbie, gravy on a portable gas burner in the kitchen, pigs in blankets and veggies cooked in the caravan. Simplified lunch but still good.

Did I say, I had a forty foot Horse Chestnut come to visit in the storm, took out three fence panels, been up less than a year!

May not have much time to fly for a bit.

Shaunie.

Merry Christmas everybody, hope you all enjoyed the day. Even had 5 minuets on the sticks of my brothers hack in the fields at the back. I think that works out at 1 min per month for the last 5. I think I've got my new years resolution sorted. Have a good new year everybody.

Festive greetings to all of you out there enjoying the holidays. Hope Santa was kind to you, as he was to me.

As much as I fall into the Bah Humbug catagory (personal reasons), I do appreciate others get a great deal of pleasure out of Christmas and would not deny them it. So to those of you of similar persuasion I wish all the best for the New Year and everything it brings.

kevinb