What's flying over your house

David Pearce 4

Advert

From my mobile "floating house" last week on the Danube I saw what looked like a couple of Huey's/212s, so I looked around and found:-

**LINK**

One day there was a Robin DR400 towing a huge banner advertising an Air Show. It spotted our boat and made a deviation to close pass! (Sadly not still there when the show happens!!)

Saw a Hawk just now and a Hercules this morning fly over the house heading for Biggin Hill. Trust my wife to book a holiday so there is now chance of me going to the show. Well I did see plenty of planes at Redhill airport last week and may even have flown over my house? i am in the back of the helicopter with three others. The two in the front seats paid an extra £30 each!

p8110143.jpg

Edited By Mike Etheridge 1 on 17/08/2017 14:39:00

Edited By Mike Etheridge 1 on 17/08/2017 14:40:26

If you check the BH flying list, a fair proportion flew in sight of house and a number of passes right over the top.

(Dear Mr Red 8, next time over mine would you please be fully in formation, you were not quite yet in full symmetry .............. Full House rejoining to leave after we 'd had a two ship, a four ship, a five ship, a five turning seven, and then the leaving full house.

F16 was good, followed by EF Typhoon (anything you can do, etc, etc.......!!

Just had a rare beast these days fly over going SSW, Fournier motor glider.

They used to be the bane of my life in the early 70's when I flew on farmer land in deepest Kent, always creeping up slowly unnoticed from behind or when you were pits working and then firing up their engines. I swear they did it deliberately!

About 12.00ish I looked up and saw 4 models and at various heights and directions there were 6 full sized planes. 5 airliners going into Gatwick and the other one crossing from southwest to northeast all well above us. Then there was a loud roar and the Red Arrows flew over to one side of our field heading I assume for Dunsfold Wings and Wheels show about 8 miles away. Just before they went over the horizon they put on coloured smoke presumeably to test before they got there. I was just packing and unfortuneatly didn't have a camera with me not that there was time to get a shot.

John

Posted by John Tee on 27/08/2017 13:00:10:

... I assume for Dunsfold Wings and Wheels show about 8 miles away.

I was keeping a lookout, whilst flying on Epsom Downs this afternoon, for any interesting traffic heading to/from Dunsfold. All I saw was (I think!) a brief glimpse of Sally-B way, way off in the distance as I arrived at shortly after 3pm. At least, if it wasn't Sally B it was something that looked amazingly like a B-17 (though it was a very long distance away!)

It's midnight and the Police Helicopter is hovering over our house again. This seems to happen quite often, but only last week in my first helicopter flight from Redhill Airport, we followed the Police helicopter off the ground and hovered in a waiting area before both machines were allowed to ascend.

p8110127.jpg

Edited By Mike Etheridge 1 on 28/08/2017 00:02:24

Not over my house but over my Caravan while staying at Cirencester Park .. this was Sunday afternoon (28th) and i have never seen anything like it.

Looked to be a good thermal which i think was from the lake ... first there were four powered parachutes circling tightly ... they moved off North to another nearby thermal and i heard the familiar whistle of a full size glider ... as i watched others joined the thermal from the South ... some then moved off overhead going West.

This went on for at least an hour with a peak number in the cloud at any one time of 11 or 12 ... my nerves were on edge wondering how they were missing each other and waiting for a crunch!

They were really quite fast and holding it tight in the thermal .. i have added quite a few pics to an album on here of this and have a video too although focusing on white gliders in a clear blue sky was hard work.

Gliders 1

• 3 weeks later...