Building ? or Flying? during the Blooming Football!!

Me too, totally fed up with the coverage already and it hasn't even started. Not only do we have to put up with it but David Beckham is taking up viewing time tonight paddling up a river and the worst of it is, he comes back!

Me? I have a Magnatilla to finish, a E-Flight Pulse xt25 and a Kyten to start. Should keep me busy...

Counting the days until Saturday, just 6 left, then, it is off.

For me and many sports fans, it is fortunate that football is not a 365 day a year series of events. But for the World Cup, life would not be worth living. During the duration of the cup, I must down tools, and watch each and every game until the final, I do fear that the numbers at Greenacres this year could be much diminished, particularly if there is a clash.

I was shocked at the thought of wasting £450 on a silly engine, just imagine how many football shirts that would buy.

Yes, Football, Rugby in both codes are the sports of real men, I can smell the testosterone.

I have the tinnies in, a crate of Weiss Beire, The flag of St George has been hung out of the front window, my flag proudly adorns my car.

I have been practising each morning, the chant of all true Englishmen, England, Englaaand, ENGLAND. On Sunday i was really shocked as two of my grandchildren counter chanted, "oh flower of Scotland when will we see your like again, that fought for your wee bit of hill and glen. This encouraged me to yet greater fervour, Yes sport unites us all.

Football...........not interested............never watch it...............can't understand the mentality of those that willingly hand over piles of hard earned dosh to finance the players' fabulous life styles.............rant overlaugh

I will not be watching the football -as it doesn't interest me in the slightest! But I'm not as upset about it as others seems to be. It certainly doesn't bother me and I don't resent others watching it.

Football - like cricket and golf etc. - are simply just not part of my life. I don't find them intrusive - I just tune them out, ignore them and get on with the things I like doing. I hope those that do like football have a smashing time and enjoy it all, that's fine - just don't expect me to show any interest!

BEB

PS Actually it can be quite advantageous that its on, because lots of places are quieter than usual - like the flying field - because people are watching the football!

Edited By Biggles' Elder Brother - Moderator on 09/06/2014 23:06:43

not a fan but not bothered by those that are, have been known to watch england, poss more than once!! but will be spending a lot of time in t shed and catching up on the hours of recorded stuff saved for just such times

chris

I'm rarely in the house before it goes dark and even then don't really watch TV!

I remember watching Liverpool play on TV when I was a kid and loved the skill and finesse and accuracy of the passing and shots at goal arrow straight and lightening fast!

Never really seen a game like it since. Of the little football I've seen recently it would appear some of the skill and dedication has been lost!

But, as BEB said, at least it'll be quieter out and about! yes

Yup, have to agree I can't stand the game either for a number of reasons, but the big thing that really irritates me is the regurgitation of individual commentators physco-analytical clap trap that follows after each match.

Colin

When your old school colleague becomes the England football manager it is difficult not to take notice ! I am still in contact with other old school mates who used to play football with Roy in the school sixth form games on a Wednesday afternoon and we are carefully monitoring his progress. Roy was a star on the football pitch, and I hope it all works out well for him in Brazil.

Got out last weekend to the our club's scale competition, and I must get some more flying in even when the football is on.

Edited By Mike Etheridge 1 on 10/06/2014 00:10:11