RCM&E / Greenacres 2014 fly-in photos and video thread

Advert

Posted by TIM ANGELL on 25/06/2014 16:22:56:

Yes the Jungmeister was mine ,it's scratch built

Tim

Edited By TIM ANGELL on 25/06/2014 16:23:51

Tim,

Are you the  Tim Angell who owned Thames valley models back in the 80's and designed and kitted the Hobbit and C30 autogyros ?

Rich

Edited By Richard Harris on 25/06/2014 17:04:22

I had occasion to stop and talk to Tim at the first Greenacres do this year. I was so impressed with the way he displayed his models (for an older guy) that I felt I had to pay him a compliment. When I was asked this time by the editors to put somebody forwards for best visiting flier, my choice was an easy one. I voted for me! ahem....then Tim of course.

Back next year as defending champ Tim.

Andy Ellison.

Posted by Slopetrashuk on 25/06/2014 18:16:06:

I had occasion to stop and talk to Tim at the first Greenacres do this year. I was so impressed with the way he displayed his models (for an older guy) that I felt I had to pay him a compliment. When I was asked this time by the editors to put somebody forwards for best visiting flier, my choice was an easy one. I voted for me! ahem....then Tim of course.

Back next year as defending champ Tim.

Andy Ellison.

We spoke to quite a few observers actually, in making what were some very difficult calls regarding the trophy winners. Andy wasn't alone in suggesting Tim, so well done Tim thumbs up

Edited By David Ashby - RCME on 25/06/2014 19:29:36

Richard Thanks for posting the video,I did go and look at the Storch but I missed a lot of the detail the video shows (must be my age)! It's an amazing achievement,seems a crying shame to cover it. With all the new smart flexible lcd technology perhaps Solarfilm will come up with a covering that will go clear at the flick of a switch.bit like a welding mask Dont laugh, it will happen one day. I'll do some experimenting Now then where's the wife hidden her new laptop------

Tim

Posted by Richard Harris on 26/06/2014 07:45:47:

It wasn't all about flying, my club mate Dereck Lane brought along his uncovered Storch. Not sure how many took the time to go and have a look but it is quite something. Here is a bit of a video of him going around it, unfortunately my memory card filled up at the end.

Rich

I was fascinated by it Rich and it was one of the highlights for me. The detail is amazing and the working variable incidence tail plane was great. Thansk for the vid too - I can sit and drool all over a gain. Dereck spent as much time as Pete B and me wanted to take up - lovely chap too.

Terry