RCM&E / Greenacres 2014 fly-in photos and video thread

Advert

I'm at the back, green t-shirt, blue hat with the orange neck strap. If anyone got a shot of my B-25, yellow pushy cat or my silver Boomerang jet it would be great to see it. Looks like the light was better for photo's on the Sunday, but I could only do one day which was the Saturday. Great fun buzzing all those Dawn flyers with the Pushycat.

Simon

I didn't really take many pictures, and when Lindsay Todd's Canon lens turned out to be half an inch longer than mine I decide I would put mine away in shame

Here are a few pics.

dawn flyers1.jpg

a frame from the tailchase video showing the field layout and crowds

dsc_0478 (large).jpg

Ian's Flea was amazing as was Tony's

dsc_0530 (large).jpg

A priceless 504, absolutely stunning!

dsc_0533 (large).jpg

dsc_0576 (large).jpg

I think this was Lee's jet, it was definitely not hanging around that's for sure. Managed to get this shot when he did a slow pass

dsc_0983 (large).jpg

dsc_0975 (large).jpg

Tim Hooper really must like building wings is all I can say, wonderful flying machine Tim

dsc_0555 (large).jpg

Lindsay is such a helpful soul..... "Graham.... the light goes in here......."

dsc_0678 (large).jpg

And again here he is helping Nigel Hawes...... wonder what he is saying? Answers on a postcard wink 2

And finally a bit of an impromptu tailchase involving all the Early Morning Floaters (Can see why that name went Linds' all chasing my Bistormer "Bisto" Watch to the end as Simons Pushy cat nearly gets my tail....

Cheers

Danny

Thanks David, it was fun. I am thrilled with the fact that we got three diesels started in under thirty seconds and all airbourne in a minute! Its great that the old skills don't go away.... well done to the diesel team, Chris, Steve and Martin who cam on as sub when Steve went awol... The diesel fumes ahhhh took me straight back to a field behind a hangar near Sherburn-in-Elmet and those long hot school holidays.....

There were so many people to talk too and soo little time, events like Joe Nall are a week long you can see why.....

Next year Simon wink 2

Cheers

Danny

Sunday Martyn. Worked really well Danny - better than we expected and I think just about everyone managed to get on your tail at sometime or other! The challenge was finding you! With loads of basically identical Dawn Flyers in the circuit and yours in the middle of a gaggle there is a certain reluctance to take your eyes away and go looking for a Bistormer somewhere in the circuit!

But absolutely great fun I really enjoyed both Mass Build flights. Last year, due to the weather, while we were plentiful on the ground, we were thin in the air! But this year was excellent, a great turn out. As I say 13-14 aircraft airborne at the same time both days and not a single mid-air!

BEB

Thanks BEB

I thought I saw a flash of dayglow on a couple of occasions.. If I had known about the filming it would have been worth the mid air just for posterity.. smile d

Talking of filming, has the "BBC Midlands Today" footage been shown or recorded by any forumites?

M

I was amazed at how well the camera thing went BEB, considering the preparation (lack of) that went into it. I have never used the mobius on a model, only a quick ground test, literally taped it to the fus and off we went.

I will say however if A. the camera had been crooked, or B. my tailplane and fin not been perpendicular I would have claimed it didn't save......wink 2

Looking at the footage there is a downed DF just the other side of the runway, what happened to that one?

The one down side was that when I removed the electrical tape a large section of film covering on the fuselage tore of with it crying 2

Ah well

Cheers

Danny

The downed DF was mine Danny.

I took off same direction as yourself but slightly to the left. I had just cleared the strip when I turned to join the circuit.

My mistake, as I only just had flying speed at that time. What I should have done was to climb out further then turn into the circuit. The result was a stall and spin into the grass.

So in two words Pilot Error.blush

Kev

Just got back after a rather smoother landing at Rodez than the inbound 'arrival' at Stansted on Friday - I'm sure I'll have '23' imprinted in reverse on my backside for months to come....whether I'll get the teethmarks out of my tongue is another matter! smile o

Great video, Danny - I think it falls somewhere between 'Mother Hen and her chicks' and 'Wacky Races'!smile p

A brilliant, brilliant weekend - great to meet so many forumites enjoying themselves and so much to comment upon - when I've caught up with myself and made some sense of the video I shot.....

Pete

Slowly recovering from a brilliant weekends flying.I told you I'd ordered good weather(O yee of little faith)!!

Like everybody I was amazed by Andy Johnstones rotary engine and the 504 is a work of art.As a very amateurish

hobby machinist I was asking all sorts of silly questions, his obvious enthusiasm and his patience is remarkable A real gentleman. The Sea Fury! all I can say is wow! Bit dissapionted with Liam and his unicycle I expect to see him juggling a pair of running chainsaws next year,!! seriously HOW DOES HE DO THAT?? Hats off to Geenacres club,always a smile, never a cross word,especialy the flight line marshalls,They were firm but courteous, not sure I could keep my cool like that.Thanks to all concerned,shame it's 12 months till the next one.

Tim

Posted by Pete B - Moderator on 23/06/2014 17:17:51:

Just got back after a rather smoother landing at Rodez than the inbound 'arrival' at Stansted on Friday - I'm sure I'll have '23' imprinted in reverse on my backside for months to come....whether I'll get the teethmarks out of my tongue is another matter! smile o

Great video, Danny - I think it falls somewhere between 'Mother Hen and her chicks' and 'Wacky Races'!smile p

A brilliant, brilliant weekend - great to meet so many forumites enjoying themselves and so much to comment upon - when I've caught up with myself and made some sense of the video I shot.....

Pete

If it was Wacky Races, then I was Dick Dastardly (or more likely Mutley).dog

M