Do you stick to your TX maker's RXs?

I have one Futaba Tx with a mini Hitech Rx but that is on an RC yacht and is how it came second-hand. I will be converting this to 2.4 because it is very useful to control the servo end point for the sheet winch. This makes changing rigs for different wind strengths a doddle. When I go 2.4 they will match.

I did buy Spektrum Rx from Ebay about a year ago when I restarted the hobby but after all the advice about fakes on this forum I have binned all that did not come from known suppliers. Now I only buy Spektrum from Steve Webb Models as I trust them and their service and mail order is excellent.

How cheap is a cheap foamie?

Advert

I always use genuine Spektrum RXs, although I did try a FrSky module in my old FF8 in order to use the cheaper FrSky receivers. Unfortunately, this was not successful and was told by FrSky tech support that their Futaba module was not, in fact, compatible with the Futaba Field Force 8 thumbs down - so that's my one and only visit to the world of cheap radio................yes, I know how all the Taranis gang will defend them to the hilt and Orange seem to produce a good product, but I'll stick to what I'm confident in.

FrSky Receivers with FrSky Transmitter and hack module

On my Futaba T8J, I used Futaba, Ripmax clone and FrSky clone receivers (S-FHSS).

The only receiver failure I have had was a (less than 1 year old) Futaba Receiver that kept resetting mid flight. You dont want that to happen on a low inverted pass and the failsafe kicks in..

Receiver is now only used for testing and is painted bright red to remind me..

Martyn

Yes, FrSky Taranis - FrSky Rx's, Been running that for 9 months now an not one single radio hitch, glitch or whatever.

Prior to that Futaba - all genuine Futaba Rx's, except I did but one 4 channel FrSky FASST Rx for a small model. Seemed to work fine but I was happier with the genuine kit. Now with FrSky Taranis I can have the peace of mind of genuine kit and still have enough money left over to buy a model as well! wink 2 Happy days!

BEB

When I was using Spektrum in the early days DX7 then DX7s I started off using only Spektrun Rx`s. And never had an issue.

Then started to use Orange Rx`s and started to have issue`s!! That kind of knocked my confidence in Spektrum, more than likely without good reason.

I then saw the light and converted to Frsky. Only use Frsky Rx`s now.

So my answer is Yes and No!!

Kev