Warbird Replicas Spitfire LF mk IXc

Ady Hayward

Advert

Posted by onetenor on 28/04/2017 19:13:56:

What a wonderful experience .I would love to do it too butt couldn't afford it .Apart from which my O.W. would divorce me if i spent that much money on what she would probably call my "Stupid Hobby " well done that man . John

I am very lucky because it was actually my wife who came up with the idea, researched it, arranged it, and paid for it as a present for a special birthday (not my 21st unfortunately!).

Many thanks everyone else for your good wishes and offers of support. I will post here again when I eventually get going. I don't anticipate any problems with the build, but the finish is a different matter and there are so many great photos in this thread I might be ashamed to show mine.

Dick

Posted by RICHARD WILLS on 29/04/2017 17:55:47:

Yes , I knew that Martin .

But as you said "would I not be acceptable if you painted your Spitfire in civilian colours ?"

My answer was, that if you go ahead , we will deem you invisible smile p

Or as you put it , in Latin , Unacceptable .wink

Might just have to do it then 😉 after all it would still be a Spit , I will post a pic of the proposed scheme

Posted by Dwain Dibley. on 29/04/2017 23:08:23:

I have seen the pink version modeled a couple of times, and it looks really good too. See how it gets all blurry against a blue sky, and even more so against clouds, used as spy planes in this colour.

D.D.

so is that a vote for a civilian version wink

Many years ago I was on my first posting at RAF Abingdon. I was on the aircraft handling party for the airshow and remember marshaling and putting into the hangar for the night the bright red spitfire belonging to the late Spencer Flack.

It looked absolutely gorgeous. I remember him practicing the next day and he did a number of diving attacks on the field and it had flashing lights fitted into the cannon mountings!

Please Martian, don't let yourself 'talked down' by some of the hyper-conventional 'referees' out there. crying

Just go for your g... err... feelings. May it be Force India pink, Ferrari red or a very neat civilian 'G-ASJV'.

Personally, I would go for a 'racer' type. Clipped wings, removing the armament blisters and other superficial thingies, 'triple stage' supercharger... and in yellow/white colours with Vatican 'sponsoring' and a large 'Peace for All' message. Also carrying race number '69' as it can be equally recognized when inverted... yes

Anyway, "Nostalgia isn't what it used to be anymore"...

Hakuna matata

Chris

BRU - BE / CTR Liberty Control

Posted by Martian on 30/04/2017 12:20:02:
Posted by Dwain Dibley. on 29/04/2017 23:08:23:

I have seen the pink version modeled a couple of times, and it looks really good too. See how it gets all blurry against a blue sky, and even more so against clouds, used as spy planes in this colour.

D.D.

so is that a vote for a civilian version wink

I say ...Do what ever floats your boat, or blows your frock up...

I managed to get a pink spitfire in this thread 3 times ......devillaugh

It made me very happy....

D.D.

I had a early warbird replica spitfire just after I started flying models did it pink it was great will be hoping to get two 2 kits sometime in the future one to do pink again & one to do a 2seater in the Irish air core colours (3rd one down in pic )

andy

spits at dux

Edited By lightning 759 on 01/05/2017 18:04:59

Edited By lightning 759 on 01/05/2017 18:05:41