RCM&E Autumn Special 2015- New 72" Mossi

Well its time again (for me anyway) to start the building of the new RCME autumn special prototype

This year, its returning back to a proper warbird and one that I have always wanted to do. The editor made this suggestion and although I had a few other suggestions, it was on my bucket list so what the heck.....bring it on!!smiley

I have decided to make this as true scale as practical so it will include split flaps, retracts (including tail wheel). The wing section was researched and I think I have this correct. The formers both for the fus and nacelles are scale and the best bit is George at 4-MAX was worked on an electrical set up which can throw a nearly scale 14" 3-bladed prop.....one of them being counter rotating too......how good is that.teeth 2

capture.jpg Based on the Fighter bomber Mk VI

for scale the F.B MKVI shouldn't have reverse rotation on one engine but never mind

Looks great although for me it would have to be IC. A pair of Laser 70's would be more than enough I am sure, I hope the design is able to accommodate this

Glad you approve Guys......

Span is 72" and reckon around the 12lb-15lb mark. It will be for electric but it will have sufficient space for IC( a pair of 70 4-strokes would work a treat)....I usually find the modeller brought up on IC models is better placed to make the conversion from electric to IC rather that vise versa....

I have sourced some components to manufacture a bespoke set of electric retracts with some 5" ali hub wheels.

Hi Tony,

Really fancy this, I reckon it will be my winter project this year I showed you my 1:10 Lanc retracts at Wings and Wheels last year and will do a set for this, will your set be air or electric ? I hate air ! Electric are so much smoother especially when there are ancillary linkages constantly changing the load during travel.

You've got me wishing the summer away now !

Cheers, SHAUN.

Posted by Chris Barlow on 29/04/2015 21:23:30:

One of my favourite aircraft ever after reading Biggles books as a kid! This might be my big winter build later this year.

Haha, another Biggles fan, my staple reading for years.

In later life I decided to collect all the books I did not already have, turned out to be a bit more expensive than I envisioned but got there in the end after scouring the world

• 4 weeks later...