Model Suggestions for OS 30FS

One of these would be lovely **LINK**

Use a 10x5 prop and happy days. I has a 50 inch tiger moth once and that flew nicely on an sc 30

I think the BUSA kits need a bit more oomph. I have their 6th scale pup and it will get either a saito 45 or an enya 53. My flair nieuport is the same span as the BUSA one (more or less) and it is perfect with a saito 45

Edited By Jon Harper on 31/08/2015 12:55:52

Peter Miller has designed several interesting models around the OS 30FS, well, he actually uses an ASP 30FS. The Fournier RF4 motor glider was featured as a free plan in RCM&E a while back and his Alley Cat sport model was published in that other mag that I won't mention! I have an Alley Cat 'in-build' as they say. It looks a bit like a turbulent and is a simple/quick build.

World Models Piper J3 Cub 26

Stunning ARTF Piper J-3 Cub from World Models - one of the smallest on the market! Very popular! Features top quality balsa and plywood construction, covered in hand iron-on covering film, Built-up wings and comes with full hardware kit.

Wing Span : 51.0 in / 1300 mm
Wing Area : 419 sq in / 27.0 sq dm
Flying Weight : 3.5-4.0 lbs / 1500-1800 g
Fuselage Length : 33.0 in / 840 mm
Engine Required : 2C 0.25 cu in / 4C 0.30 cu in
Radio Required : 4 channels, 4 servos
Flew a treat on a 26 surpass, got to be better with a 30 fs.

Hello Andy ,

I've already got a Junior 60 (wanted something different) . I've narrowed my choice to either one of the moths from DB or the RF4 from Peter Miller (I need to check through my old copies RCME's to find it - I seem to vaguely remember that there was a problem with the plan and this was corrected and republished . I could be wrong.

Thank you all for your responses and suggestions.

+1 for the Flair Attila! Cracking little model. Quite lively with a .20 2-stroke, and mine was "adequately" powered by and OS20FS. Sounded great, too!

A 30FSshould make it a spritely performer! Worth adding the optional ailerons and reducing the dihedral.

A word of advice: I mounted my 20FS inverted, and needed to re-position the tank to the floor of the fuselage to get the fuel height right. Never had a problem starting it inverted, though always careful to check for hydraulic locking. But before I lowered the tank, I did have problems getting the mixture setting right.

--

Pete

Peggy Sue is a litte dream. I used to say that the only time I lfew it straight and level was when it was inverted.

I prefer my FOurnier R-7 which was in the other magazine. I still have that model.

Alley Cat is also a great aerobtaic model and a bit quicker to build than many.

Coming soon but I don'tknow when is my 76" span Peyret Mauboussin Type 11. Doesn't do much but float around ina stately way. and will soar.

pm 11 (29).jpg

David Boddington's cap 230, built with David's plans, but a lot lighter, it needed tail weight, why did it crash? I was distracted and took my eyes off it, and it doesn't fly by itself for long, it's fully aerobatic, sounds good, has no nasty silencer sticking out, the damage to this model is not as bad as David's on his first flight, he wrote it off. It was a free plan in Radio Control Scale quarterly, if you can't scrounge one locally, i may be able to lend you one, if you look at the scales and add the weight of your motor and radio, that will be your flying weight, which means its not a flying brick. Mine had no wash out in the wings and i never tip stalled it on landings and there's lots of different colour schemes for it or have a look at Peter Miller's Typsy Junior, i have got the plan for that. Geoff

Pictures should be in my album not there yet, i only put them in tonight

Edited By geoff wise 1 on 01/09/2015 20:34:06

Cowl and canopy are available

Edited By geoff wise 1 on 01/09/2015 20:35:32

How about a Sunday Flyer. 48" 3 channel easy to ass/dis - assemble as the cabaine struts spring out from top wing leaving just the 2 wing bolts. Was a free plan in 89? still available from My hobby stores plans. Flys great on a OS/ASP30. Ace

sunday f 1.jpg