Ashbourne Scale Day

Advert

Had to leave just after lunch, sorry if I missed saying cheerio to anybody. What a fab day, and sunshine too boot! Was great to catch up with everybody. Highlight for me getting to meet Gordon Whitehead, on the plane front it was wonderful to see Dennis Rochardson's Short seaplane, and its always a joy to take pics of Chris Peers' Spitfire Estate. Sorry I couldn't stay longer, roll on next year!

As others have said, a superb day. Good to put faces to names and good to meet Alex W and have a catch up with old faces. Thanks to all who organised this event including the chef and those oatcakes.

Couldn't have asked for better weather and enjoyed some great flying, especially the big warbird and EDF vampire slots!

Cheers

CB

Posted by Stephen Jones on 11/10/2015 22:09:42:

Oh fudge cake,

I missed this one and only one and half hours away sad

And i had nothing to do today.

Please do not post any pictures showing me how nice it was

Steve

No, you're right. I won't post any pictures....only to say GREAT party DAY

Edited By cymaz on 11/10/2015 22:18:16

thanks all for the kind words, we got through another one :af :af cant believe it $%& $%&
thanks to all who attended hope you all had a good day, good to see the regular faces and also new ones, the accolade of being the keenest/daftest/ furthest travelled for the event goes to Scot ta daaaa!! who came down from FIFE yes that one :af :af for a days flying, was a pleasure to meet you mate, i hope you get home :af :af ok, before Monday!!

thanks to DRCF for the use of our field today, but the biggest thanks as always on these days must go to our resident cheff d'oatcake John who manned the cookers all day, and also organised the shopping on Saturday, he only left two tasks for me, to collect the burgers and sausages and the cups for tea and coffee, hmmm anyone need three hundred cups i left behind at home :banghead: :banghead:
we did get a visit from some ViP,s midday a few of our neighbours, we always send out an invite, and they loved it very impressed by all the superb models on display, someone (Alex Whittaker) took the time to wander around and take a count the total was in excess of 140 models,
fantastic
thanks folks see you all again

chris

And it was well worth the effort to get there! What a great day yesterday, very well organised with a laid back atmosphere, plenty of flying went on. Loads of models to see, and plenty of flying to watch, and yes, the Vampire slots were great fun!

Thanks to Chris, John and all the DRCF lads for putting the effort in to make it happen. It was a really good even which is shown by the numbers yesterday! I'll be sure to make the same trip again next year.

It might take a few days to get over my oatcakes and Lorne sausage overdose....

Scott.

The lighting was very challenging on Sunday, you would think with the sunshine it would be easy but the sky was white!

Anyway here are my humble offerings, hopefully it gives a feel for the day

click on the piccy of Stu's lovely Me110 to go to my Flickr album

Cheers

Danny

Edited By Danny Fenton on 12/10/2015 18:02:12

Posted by Dylan Reynolds LaserCraft Services on 12/10/2015 21:09:16:
Absolutely fantastic day, thanks guys, next time I will bring n fly, those oatcakes were awesome

Good hand warmers early in the morning too!

Yet again another excellent day. Plenty of nice models and flying and a very relaxed atmosphere.

Many thanks to the guys for organising and running it and to the oatcake chef.

Look forward to it every year. yes