Is there something in the water?

mightypeesh

Hi folks. Is it me or have some of the threads and posts been getting maybe a bit too 'antsy' over the last three or so months? There seems to be more and more 'moderator intervention' as well as threads running out of control and having a rather uncomfortable air to them, with exchanges getting a bit personal. At least one member has called it a day due to exchanges on their blog, and they even trashed a half built plane because of it.

I do not know about about the others on here, but I log in because it is my way to relax and my hobby. Now, due to the wonders of the internet we can share around the world our builds and idea's with others and that is brilliant. Some topics of course will get a bit more heated than others, but should be no more so than if you were down the patch enjoying a cup of tea and a bit of banter, not get to the point where a third party has to intervene.

On the front page it states 'welcome the friendly forum' - so come on chaps, lets keep it that way.

Brotherly love and peace man love smiley

the-young-ones-neil.jpg

Cheers, Simon

Edited By mightypeesh on 17/01/2016 19:01:20

Advert

Hi,

yes - agree entirely with you, and so would all my fellow moderators! I think we have had more to do in that last month than in the previous six months!

Too be honest, this is not a surprise to us - and certainly not to someone like me who has been a moderator for some years. We've seen it before wink 2 It happens whenever we have a prolonged spell of bad weather - honestly! You can predict it like clockwork when you have been moderating for a while. The bad weather means people can't fly, this makes them a) techty, b) bored, c) on here more! The combination of those three is what fuels IPS (irritable poster syndrome).

Mightypeesh is right - let's loosen up guys. This bad weather can't last much longer! Can it? Spring will be here soon.

BEB

My family and work colleagues have all commented that I have seemed more tetchy in the last 77 days  and counting, during the period of typical autumn/winter weather...err I mean the alphabet of storms!

Its happened before with a long lay off and it will happen again.

CB

Edited By ChrisB on 17/01/2016 20:32:44

Posted by Tom Sharp 2 on 17/01/2016 21:23:16:

I pointed out on another thread on here that posters were suffering from SAD seasonal affected disorder. This did not go down well I recall.

Its the grumpiness Tom - that's why it didn't go down well! smile

BEB

PS The one ray of sunshine on the forum at the moment is definitely the Mass Build! We're having a great time!

I quite like watching snooker. It's about 1000% more interesting than darts but that's damming with faint praise

Actually I stop my Eurosport subscription in the winter because there's no cycling. Just waiting for the spring one day classics then the Giro. And of course the odd day up at the field. I used to go to work, you know.

Geoff

Posted by PatMc on 17/01/2016 22:24:49:
Posted by cymaz on 17/01/2016 22:14:31:

It's the weather, I'm sure. The poor people in Eglwyswrw ( great score for Scrabble), must be at their wits end

You obviously don't play Scrabble. wink 2 kiss

Edited By PatMc on 17/01/2016 22:25:37

No, you're correct. When I do it usually descends into 3 letter words , sat , cat, mat? On this occation there's 4 x 4 points at least....if you allow proper place names.

Edited By cymaz on 18/01/2016 05:57:52

Good news

I went to the field yesterday and got in 50 mins flying time. 5 of us out in the fresh air - all flying planes. So BEB, maybe things will improve for you and the others mods once everyone gets out again too.

However,

Also played Scrabble! 

Does one activity negate the other?

Edited By David Ovenden on 18/01/2016 06:35:50

Indeed I think cabin fever has well & truly set in.

We've had one tender his resignation last week & one very messy melt down just before Christmas that luckily was jumped on & deleted by the mods.

Missed my big change to go on Sat !! PPPPPP.

Hopefully I will get my day stood in a cold , damp but wind & rainless field soon.

Posted by Tom Sharp 2 on 17/01/2016 21:23:16:

I pointed out on another thread on here that posters were suffering from SAD seasonal affected disorder. This did not go down well I recall.

Nah, no one likes a smart alec , especially when right. I can make this comment cos I am calm, having used the wet weather to fix aircraft, and then used the flooded fields to fly water planes, as the river is too angry to fly off.

{Edited for language - but not tetchy about it! - BEB]

Edited By Biggles' Elder Brother - Moderator on 18/01/2016 12:19:41

Definitely 'cabin fever' for me ... I'm a sort of a semi retired 'grumpy old git' as of late, so my swmbo informs me, and so I have time on my hands. My day usually starts with making a cuppa and then migrating out to my sacred workshop ( god knows what I would do without my 'cave' ) , but lately I'm sat spending more time just blankly staring at the lately boring 'idiot box' ( TV ) hung up in the corner, or wishfully staring longingly at my models which have become 'winter hangar queens' because of the wet weather and muddy flying field. I dare not start another build yet to amuse myself ( got 3 unstarted kits pleading with me for attention ) cos' I don't even have room as yet to store my Pica Waco that I'm just putting finishing touches to. Not to worry, got a mate popping round soon to do a small repair job on his model, so should pass on an hour or two ........ and so another cold wet day goes by ...

Roll on Spring and dry weather !

Ronaldo

Edited By Ronaldo on 18/01/2016 12:28:39

The answer is quite simple Ronaldo - take up another hobby to supplement aeromodelling (I can't even spell it)

In my case I have too many hobbies but my "second" is music which costs very little, can be satisfying and frustrating in equal amounts, and can be weather agnostic (assuming you don't play in a brass band doing carols in the rain!)

Can you not restart one of your other childhood pastimes?

Forgot to say, although it's a free country (yeah!), don't turn the telly on!!!!!!!! That really is wasting time IMHO

Edited By Masher on 18/01/2016 12:38:38