Weston Park Model Show...an AMAZING show !

As I post this there is still time to attend this fantastic show. I have never been to a show and seen such a diverse collection of pilots and their models put on an amazing show. If you are within travelling distance of Telford it's a MUST attend event.

If you miss it there's no doubt it will be great next year or you could watch the short compilation below for a taste of the Saturday action.

Edited By Dom (Essential RC) on 19/06/2016 04:51:05

Advert

Just got back before rain from camping weekend. Great flying and displays, full size as well. Evening full size glider amazing both Friday n Sat nights. Fireworks awesome. Pulse jet loud! Met some great lads from Heydock/Halton club n a luvly guy from Newbury. Got all myshopping list, wife enjoyed relaxing. What more can u ask on Father's day!! Thanks Wrekin MFC. Looking forward to Ragley now.

Totally agree it was my first time here and the wife wants to go back next year!!

Enjoyed Saturday nights display, only wish we had wandered down to the Heli flight line later it sounded amazing too.

Thoroughly enjoyed the Dawn Patrol on Sunday and emptied my wallet.

Will definitely go again

Great Video Dom.

I was there today, and left with most others as the rain started at 1530.

I have to say the show is much better on your video as you seem to have managed to get rid of the ramblings of DB sound..... I don't wish to sound unfair, but I was hoping to be informed about the models being flown and perhaps some of the Cosford flyovers that occurred. The Typhoon (or was it a Tornado) didn't materialise, but all I know about it is that it flies at 1320mph its a canard and it cost £60 million. Now, I know that its a front line fighter, single seat, very capable, used all over Europe and exported outside of the UK, but surely we could ask DB to pass on a little more facts. I learned more about fathers day and Brietling watches! But, it is a good job I don't work for Brietling (and no, I don't own one but I have plenty of friends who do) as I would have been most disappointed on DBs opinion of them; they have been great supporters of aviation over the years!

I think the fare paying public deserve a better commentary than Weston Park presently offer.

Tim

I did Weston Park a couple of years ago, seems I missed a good one. Now, shoot me down in flames and tear my skin off but DB Sound, goodness me ! I know if he doesn't have any info he can't comment on the planes flying but please just sometimes let the planes do the talking and just stop commenting. Respect to the man on the mic . I know it's a lovely model but I'd rather hear the engine sometimes. Knowledgeable commentary, yes. Talking for the sake of it, no.

The one thing we noticed this year above all others was the number of non-modelling 'day trippers'. Hearing people talk and looking around you can spot the non-modellers. This year there seemed to be lots of them.

DB is just the man for the job when it comes to showmanship and enthusing the crowds. As a modeller of 25 years and visiting shows for nearly as long you learn to zone out the commentary after a while but its great for those not involved in the hobby!

One thing I thought was lacking and is lacking at shows in general, especially by commentators is explaining to the non-modelling crowds how to get into the hobby and who to talk to (BMFA) etc. Lots of people will see the show models and hear the prices involved and but won't necessarily be told how to go about joining a club and learning properly. That could do with a bit more emphasis from the commentators at all shows.

CB

Posted by Jez Harris 1 on 20/06/2016 10:04:44:
Fantastic video once again Dom.

Did u get the last flight from Dawn Patrol with the tail chasing and explosions by any chance..I realise it had started to rain by then but fingers crossed.
Jez

Edited By Jez Harris 1 on 20/06/2016 10:05:02

Saw the Dawn Patrol go up after the battle then we headed back to the caravan before the rain got heavier. We heard the residual petrol explosions and I said to my lad they'll be having fun with that! laugh

Who was flying the Pup on Sunday Jez? Looked like they were having fun between the trees and low level! yes