Warbird Replicas Bf 110 club.

Well back at work today looking for sympathy...huh no chance!

Started last night on the top nacelle...

But before that the completed flap setup..

I also put in some ply inserts for the nacelle screws. You could just use longer ones through the balsa to the ply underneath but I didn't have any.

20170517_115819.jpg

I had a Epioneer from 4max and when the kit arrived I didn't see a hole in the cardboard so signed for it , when opened I had hole in the stabiliser , when contacted he said he could do nothing because it wasn't flagged to the courier , so I mumbled to myself and thought not using him again.

2 weeks later there was a new stabiliser in the post so maybe not so shabby after all

There's been no takers for the 109 I mentioned it on two of the forums Richard will supply them if again there were enough people interested. Also I've been told there are more spits now available oh and I just finished my spit posted pics on other forum. I am no thinking do I do a petrol one ??????

Nice Scheme Paul. Should be easy enough to replicate old Bean..

Very nice job on the Spitfire too, I will have to read that thread when I have a minute.....

I have made major progress on my 110 guys, you will be astounded by what you are about to see, best you are sitting down really, all hot beverages placed on a suitable flat surface........

Are you ready.........................

img_20170521_130328.jpg

Tips semi shaped to allow me to get a bead (get my eye in) on the leading edge.

img_20170521_130333.jpg

The "spikes"......made ready for impaling the T/E to locate the wing fixing bolts.

img_20170521_131409.jpg

Made, as already mentioned by a few forumites, by sharpening a nylon bolt and cutting to length, before screwing in to the captive nut. the point pierces the skin of the wing to mark the place to drill the appropriate sized holes, in this case 6mm.

img_20170521_131427.jpg

The next job for me will be the bit of the fuz that is part of the wing.

D.D.

I haven't even shaped my nacelles up yet Paul. blush

I'll get my holes out when the dowels have dried, hold yer foot up Dood.......!!!!

I am on the case now boss, and will attempt to catch you up as fast as I can..

I think it will be easier to do the the middle bit first, and the wing fairings, then attach the nacelles. the other job I can do is cover the ailerons and flaps, might do that tonight, now I mention it.

D.D.

So.................Here's the middle bit then...........

Supplied in the kit are 4 long and four short triangular pieces, with the profile of the wing on one edge, plus 2 lite ply formers.

These build into a false fuselage bottom on the wing.

I chose to cover mine with solartex, another solution would be a 1/16th balsa skin, the rest of the wing will of course be brown paper and Glue, as per....

I am quite pleased with it as the wing is a nice push fit into the fuselage.

Two bolt access points are left in the covering.

D.D.

Wing Bolts in place, later I chose to discard the washers and just used the ply one.

img_20170521_162717.jpg

You can see the ply plate in this picture.

img_20170521_174319.jpg

Standing alone.

img_20170521_174411.jpg

Sanded with the bolt "boxes" added.

img_20170521_183220.jpg

img_20170521_183245.jpg

img_20170521_185510.jpg

img_20170521_185606.jpg

img_20170521_185702.jpg

It's all happening at Dibley Towers, just sent off for my ESC's, and some other bits and bobs from hobby King.

How's everyone doing..................Helloooooooooooo....it's a bit quiet.............are you all out flying in the sunny weather..??

I got a tan and was in a bee swarm at our field........

D.D.

Edited By Dwain Dibley. on 26/05/2017 01:13:16

Heh...
Too true... can't miss this weather...
Been waiting on bits myself too but will have some more updates over the weekend. Can tell you though the upper nacelle take a little bit of manipulation to get a good fit... nothing you guys can't handle. I'll try to get some pictures up later tonight and show off the sexy little cowling screws I have fitted.... way OTT but I love the effect.