Is it me or is this a rubbish summer or am becoming a grumpy old man!!!

tigerman

Advert

Never mind .just taken some happy pills and I been promised September is going to be great.It is not all bad the weather for the National is looking good so hoping to have a great day on Sunday looking how it should be done .I hope !!!!!.Never been to the National always lived to far away now I have moved it is just down the road .Roll on Sunday

Posted by Jon Harper - Laser Engines on 24/08/2017 17:07:38:

My customers tell me its been great. So often i hear how wonderful it was last wednesday, or monday or whatever the case may be. Sadly however, as i only have saturday and sunday available to fly i would agree its been a pants summer!

Then again, if you flogged offf a couple of your rebuilds, you could join us on Wednesday.

I know it has been poor, compared to last year.

Based on the weather last year we had electric blinds installed on our Velux windows, as the room heated up far to much. We also had to open the French windows on a regular basis.

This year i have not needed to close the blinds, nor open the French doors.

I also believe it has been far windier.

My main moan is road works, particularly where I live. The lights and barriers go up very quickly, what does not happen is that people actually work. I went down the M55 on Tuesday, passed over 2 miles of coned of area. Not one person was seen to be working. All of this contrasted with both Austria and Germany, they had road works, in contrast there were vast armies of people and equipment all doing work.

Posted by Kevin Fairgrieve on 24/08/2017 17:30:06:

Probably flown more this year, than in the last couple or so.

Windy or not I try to fly something. And as my instructor told me years ago "the plane does not know it is windy!"

Does when it causes the ground to come up and smite it. Or when I chucked one off the slope, and it disappeared going towards the moon in seconds. I dread to think how many I have broken over the years. "Course I can fly in this, I'm here now anyway."

... anyway, the Belgian weather must be a mix of 'both worlds'... some Continental warm Eastern wind some days mixed with some really wet and windy 'crap' weather some others.

... but at least we have some sublimely tasting white and black "boudin" as well... yes

Cheers

Chris

Posted by David Davis on 24/08/2017 18:44:45:
Posted by Don Fry on 24/08/2017 17:50:49:
Posted by David Davis on 24/08/2017 17:40:57:

I now know why I emigrated!

Davis, is crap in France also

No the forecast is for 28-30 degree temperatures for the next five days where I live and crap in France is "merde!"

Right, the wind has died. For the first time in a month. I left the field today before it got hot, only 30°. Home for an early lunch, 1200 hours. Not complaining today, but I have a line of airframes to sort out, and this year just does not give forgiving, benign conditions to sort them out.