Lidl Sander

Andy48

Yep - bought one the last time they came around. Solidly built - 'does what it says on the tin'. Table is removable and a bench clamp supplied.

They also have a pillar drill for £60 which looks attractive, but I'd want to get it out of the box to check whether the quill wobbles when fully lowered

Posted by Martyn K on 02/02/2018 15:04:56:

Do you know what diameter Sanding disk is used?

Martyn, the sander was available in Ireland from yesterday. The diameter of the disc is 125mm. There are 6 discs included - 2 X 80; 2 X 150 & 2 X 240 grit. They did not have any spare discs available but according to the instructions, they are available to order (no price).

Eamonn.

That Lidl sander is an almost perfect copy of my Proxxon sander that I treated myself to 8 years ago. My sander has been brilliant so I reckon at the price Lidls are asking for this Parkside one, its a no-brainer in my book, go and get one.

If its anything like my local Lidl's, they will not have many,get there as soonas they open, is my suggestion.

My Proxxon sander cost a damn sight more that £30.

they are excellent for the price been using one over a year now , original one had a dicky on/off switch lidl arranged to collect it from the house , sent it back to Germany , and I received a new one 6 days later

the table protractor thing , and the protractor on the sanding guide aren't accurate , use a cheap plastic set square to set the table and the slide , other than that minor fault they are great

Hi Gordon, your comment about the table protractor was the same with my Proxxon. I bit the bullet and got a scribe and scribed lines at right angles on the aluminium table. Was a great help when sanding bulkheads square. The table that you can angle also came in handy when sanding an angle to line up with the fuselage shape. All in all a great tool!!

" I'm going to get one on the 8th! I get confused. We have both a Lidl and a an Aldi. One is in Belper and the other is in Ripley and we live half way between the two but I can never remember which is where without checking first

Geoff "

Well Geoff Aldi is in Belper. If I didn't have to work on Thursday I would have told you wrong and sneaked up to Ripley and snaffled the first one.....

Good luck. I hope they have a fair few....

If it's there grab it whilst you can, I bought mine elsewhere a couple of years back and it has proven to be such a great tool to have in the workshop. Mine has the belt sander on it too which I have used a couple of times but the disc bit gets used the most. The one bit mine doesn't have is the variable speed, which to me, would be so much better.

In short, if all you need is a disc sander then go for it, you won't go wrong at that price and replacement discs are easy to find online

Mark.

Edited By Mark Stevens 1 on 03/02/2018 02:56:46

Posted by Tom Sharp 2 on 02/02/2018 20:24:23:

There are six Aldi and two Lidl within a five mile radius of my home.

Am I lucky or cursed?

Use 'em and spend the money saved on modelling goods. Never use the big names for main shopping anymore - find Aldi have a better range, are sligtly cheaper than Lidl and their shops seem to be arranged in a more logical fashion. Quite why a British outfit haven't taken them on at their own game is beyond me. Sorry, wandering off topic.

I bought one of the scroll saws from Aldi a few weeks ago but just week ago there was a pile of them priced about £10 cheaper than those earlier. Perhaps there are fewer of us lusting after new workshop toys than we think

I'll walk into Ripley on Thursday morning and hope there's still one left. If there is, I'll catch the bus back home otherwise, if it's nice, I'll walk back empty handed.

Geoff