Anyone else been up diddly up up on New Years Day?

Advert

Headed up to the field this morning, nice when the sun was out although rather nippy in the wind, Had four flights and then plodded off home for lunch.

Field is starting to get a bit muddy with some of the electric/spat models having time with ground handling. The Acrowot got stuck once, but the good news it doesn't roll on far!

20190101_101445.jpg

Good turnout at Barnsley today (1st Jan), Half a dozen of us had a good sortie, our field is usually quite muddy but a few days without rain made it very pleasant. Managed a fistfull of good flights with my edge 540 and everyone got down in one piece.

Looks like the cold is coming in now so have to put a jumper on!

Happy new year to all

Glenn

Funnily enough, I also went to Barnsley today - at Kenilworth Road, Luton having been persuaded to forego my flying pleasures for a very occasional visit to watch a football match - but at the moment, the forecast looks great for one of my regular days (Thursday) so I may have to wait a couple of days (unusually) for my first flight of the new year - unless I manage to sneak up to the field tomorrow!