Warbirds Replicas P51 Mustang

RICHARD WILLS

Advert

Posted by Paul Johnson 4 on 14/10/2020 10:06:36:

Hi guys,

I want to thank you for all your good wishes, this has been quite a ride...... I hope, health allowing to get back on this fictitious pit pony in a few weeks.

Again thank you all.

Paul

Nice to hear you are on the mend, don't know about the pit pony I thought the illness may leave you a little hoarse.

Quite right Eric ,

So what we are saying Paul , in a nutshell is , now that you are emerging from the metaphorical woods and getting back on your hypothetical horse ,remembering, before you grab the imaginary bull by the horns, is that it is important not to run before you can walk and at the same time you must resist any temptation to jump the gun (that you don't have ) .

I dont think we can be any clearer on that .

Right chaps ?

Hi Guys,

Well as I recover from this lurgy, I passed the 'Hanger' and received the urge to glue a few bits together (blimey must be getting better) I had made earlier, these were some stand offs from scrap to fix the snakes in place. With the exit holes previously cut and dressed all was glued into place. I have found canopy glue ideal for the plastic snakes.

Once that has gone off I will remove the inners and trim the outers where they exit the fuselage.

snakes fitted 1.jpg

snakes fitted 2.jpg

snakes fitted 3.jpg

Well I'm afraid I got another urge, have to be careful now it could become a habit!

One small thing I have come across is the battery box. As I previously noted my one was too short and this should have been corrected on the production models. You will notice a packing piece at the rear of mine so ignore this.

Now I'm not sure if this aspect of the battery box has been changed but if not it's a very simple adjustment.

The battery box lid should slide off and lift, mine I realised has a small lip, whilst helping to secure in place with the fixing magnets makes it a problem if you then have to lift it straight up against the pull of the magnets.

battery bay lip.jpg

Those magnets are on steroids, luckily as previously mentioned I have yet to fix the battery box in place so was easy to slide it out then release the cover by moving it sideways first.

A quick pencil line around the offending lip and it was soon removed.

battery bay lip removed.jpg

Now I'm on a roll and decided to fit the ESC.

After deciding to where to fit it, I like as much weight forward as possible, I chose to fit it just behind the motor on top of the battery box.

esc location.jpg

You can see from the picture I have also created a cut out for the battery connection.

Edited By Paul Johnson 4 on 24/10/2020 13:10:20