Warbirds Replicas P51 Mustang

RICHARD WILLS

Advert

Retracts fitted. Now the two ply triangular packing pieces are not part of the kit. I have had issues with the retracts at my field which is hard and a bit lumpy in places. The spring coils help but I had the retract top plate being broken away from the unit on finding a rough patch. Supporting the lower part of the mechanism seems to help a lot and has dramatically reduced occurrence of damage.

Maybe a grass roller might help!

retract fitted.jpg

Attention all Friday afternoon Dozers !!!

Can you hear the sound of tiny Hooves ? The feint whinny in the wind ?

You can't ? Well , you're all getting old, you silly old duffers . The news has been getting worse by the day , So finally, here is some good news . THE MUSTANGS HAVE BEEN ROUNDED UP !

Pour yourself a drink and listen up . As with the other online builds , we dont want some "Johnny come lately,I normally buy a foamie, can't do balsa, what's a sanding block?" type , nicking one of our ponies .

To that end we can't put any on the Warbirds website until our lads who generated the project , here on the forum have had their stuff .

So I will be in touch with you , in the order that you got on the list to sort out your order .

We are all aware that anything thicker than 10mm seems to go small parcel at about four pounds postage , so I am keen to avoid that by getting what I can in the main box .

So in addition to the Kit , we could have , Retract pack £49.95 Decals £13 Aluminium spinner and adapters £19.95 Pilot and Cockpit kit £19 . Sound system £119

The decal sets are standard, very dark blue stars and Bars plus HOM or HOW codes . However , Glynn can post on squadron codes and names like "Berlin Express" for a few quid after in an envelope .

You dont need to tell me straight away but just have a think what you want so that when I contact you we can just tick the right boxes .

Regarding timing of delivery , it will take me at least a week to sort this lot out because of all of the combinations . So if anyone has been waiting more than six weeks and they want theirs immediately , then PM me and I will prioritise . Many have other projects on the bench so will not be so worried .

I noted that Hornby have made a real come back during the dreaded "Croany Virus" as people found it comforting to escape to something they knew in happier times . I know that this project will keep us all amused for a while . But please , lets have a few more pictures from the quiet ones . You have no idea what a buzz I get from seeing your models . I know the boys feel the same ....

Fab fab news indeed! Look forward to hearing from Captain Sweep, but am not in any massive rush as I have to finish off the mess that's cluttering up my bench at the moment. I will also be receiving an already paid for Spitty at the same time and will have the delightfully difficult decision of which to build first! Yeay!

Well Mike , Im slowly working through the list , but to be honest , the crew are letting me down a bit . Sweep is still on his "High and Mighty , holier than thou" trip and Barry ,Graham's nephew , doesnt seem to be taking it as seriously as he should. You'd think they would be grateful to be employed ( and housed) .

Remember John Noakes and the baby Elephant ? Never work with animals or children . pack 2.jpg

Edited By RICHARD WILLS on 31/10/2020 08:59:30

Have the boys been at the Haribo's again? A sugar surge can wreak havoc with ones body. If the Haribo ration has been at a normal level you could always try bribery and dangle the 'carrot' of a increase in rations and, if that doesn't work, stop rations all together. I realise such a drastic step risks mutiny but sometimes a crew needs a really good 'whipping' to get them to toe the line.

Posted by Michael Kulagin on 30/10/2020 23:20:48:

Great news. Just been to Andover Models and 'double' stocked up on glue for your Spitfire so, sat here, debit card ready, waiting for your message. Not too worried about lockdown, Spitfire and a P51 to build and the homebrew coming on nicely!

Oooh what you brewin'? I keep meaning to place an order from the malt miller, just not gotten around to it!

Here are pictures of the Mk2 cockpit kit as supplied to Paul, it will fit both the High back and the Low back model. On the Low back just omit using the bottom box on the radio, it comes unpainted so you can add as much detail to the Radio and Instrument Panel as you want. I used Revell Matt Olive 45 Hubrol 102, Matt Black and Leather Brown Rv 84 Hbl 62. Just use Super Glue to stick it together, use Evostick for the Instrument Card by putting the glue on the back of the Panel then lower the panel onto the card.

cp1.jpg

cp2.jpg

cp4.jpg

cp3.jpg

Richard Supplied the Painted Pilot which is supplied Unpainted in the Kit. If you want to add more detail to the model we can supply a Rivet Template which aids the placement it's an combination of what Richard & Paul use.

2.jpg