Warbirds Replicas P51 Mustang

RICHARD WILLS

Advert

Thanks Gordon, I was kneeling down to take the picture and realised the foot was missing so I put one leg forward like a Russian dancer (not easy at my age). The picture was taken during the change over and the underside was unfinished , the prop blades are arriving today snow permitting and the underside is now done and the retracts refitted. I will post some more pictures when complete.

49 minutes ago, Paul Johnson 4 said:

Hi guys taken me a while to find this thread again boy what a mess they have made of this...

Hi Paul I just go to forum  and scroll down to Warbirds, starting to get used to it ,pictures are a doddle to load.  Could not get my feet on the table for the last two pics

Looking good Eric. I hope we don't have to wait too long before you get the opportunity to fly it.

Trevor

BTW, if anyone else is still trying to work out how to 'subscribe' to this thread, in NewSpeak it's called 'Following', so click on the word Follow in the title block of the thread.

Thanks Trevor,  Just one thing for P51 builders make sure the top sheeting is well glued on at the rear where it buts up against the flaps mine curled up slightly as the covering tightened and I had to put some glue on a knife blade and slide it it to the rear of the wing ribs then clamp the top sheet down. With no spar at this point the ribs are taking all the load. 

Thanks Glynn , I ventured out into the snow to see if I could get a better picture, your cockpit fittings  and insignia make it stand out. Due to the fact that Richard is not bringing out a Lancaster or B17 I am going to start on a Brian Taylor Tempest. Although He still has one or two Spitfires and P51's in stock I am tempted to try and shorten the nose and make a Mk1 Spitfire . Great kits that slot together and not difficult to make.881576526_DSC_08491707.thumb.JPG.ce866225681189ad3a38368ff47222e6.JPG

• Like 1

On 1/28/2021 at 6:39 PM, Paul Johnson 4 said:

Managed to complete the wing to fuselage wiring. D type fitted./sites/3/images/member_albums/156134/887644.jpg

Next was the other end.

/sites/3/images/member_albums/156134/887645.jpg

This was located under the wing bolt retention plate.

/sites/3/images/member_albums/156134/887646.jpg

Servo connection at the receiver made then tidied up.

/sites/3/images/member_albums/156134/887647.jpg I have looked at and bought a few samples of other connectors but find the D type cheaper and very reliable.

Or you could just plug into the receiver each time....

Paul,

I have decided to follow you and use a D-sub connector to provide the interface with the wing. I think you have only 3 servo connections in the 9 pin connector. Presumably you have a Y lead for the flap servos.  

I would like to be able to connect the two flap servos (installed as on your model) separately to the receiver so that I have the facility of servo reversing and fine tuning the throws on the servos to adjust for any mismatch in the linkage geometry. I was thinking of using a common pin for the servo supplies so that I could get 4 servo connections on the 9 pin. Would you see a problem with this? Alternatively I could use 2 D-sub connectors. 

Gordon