Warbirds Replicas P51 Mustang

RICHARD WILLS

Im not sure . the problem is that with an Alias , it doesnt immediately ring a bell . I know you as Martian and fellow Spitfire builder .

But look chaps , rather than 43 of you ask the same question , I am going to make Mustangs for everyone on the forum first . So until that need is satisfied , I will not put them on my website for sale .

I can tellyou that I do have Sharland, Orrells , Whitelegg , R Gray KGray Cullen G Clark P Harvey D Holland A Exton E Robson D Parrington G Gardiner Ade Harries R Ely B Collinson Sam Hurford Dave Parker , Geoff Parkes Mick Atkinson , and Cornish Graham and Graham R .

Anyone not on that list (quite a few ) PM me or go via my website enquires with Full name+ (AKAon forum) Address , email and phone for courier .

Producing 40 + all the individual requirements is logistically difficult so please make it easy for me as you know its basically me and a pair of Muppets doing most of it .

• 2 weeks later...

Yes Jonathan , In fact Im glad you brought that up . First of all , let me apologise to everyone about the delay .

The demand on my kit cutter is incredible at the moment , so that is one factor . The other problems have been thinking ahead so that everyone will be able to complete their Mustangs , without wondering where they will get undercarriages and wheels , spinners and decals . As always , I am very aware that if forty people go looking for one item , 38 will be disappointed . Unfortunately , our wholesalers in this country seem to have very little of anything at the moment and I dont like my customers being put in a position where they are almost blackmailed or simply just left hanging . In some cases the price of wheels we usually supply has tripled in price !

I have sourced enough materials to make up retract packs and also have enough "stars and bars " in the correct very dark blue , to keep everyone happy . The FMS P51 spinner will fit , but they are also way more scarce than they should be at the moment , so I m in the process of having some Aluminium spinners made which will obviously last longer and spin truer . So the answer to your question is , when you paint the nose, you will also paint the spinner . The FMS prop blades are readily available so we will be able to fit the big four blade version .

We also have two prototypes flying , the blue nose and a yellow nose, which is slightly different in design , mostly in the battery access and cowl . The kit version will be a combination of the two .

Here are a couple of Piks of the Yellow nose test flight (note three blade used for these events ) It flew really well and apart from a different flap design was almost identical to the blue nose . Basic finish , tail wheel will be shifted,yellow nose.jpg but still looks good . yellow nose 2.jpg

Rich, sadly it was the other way round, I got it for the covid but got scared! Now I can get scared with impunity! 🤪😂 only problem is it needs a visor demister!🤪

I haven’t found any other colours yet but I am sure I will.

Edited By Nigel Dell on 28/07/2020 22:47:05

• 3 weeks later...

pp1.jpg

Bit of a grainy shot , but here is the B model without its clothes on . embarrassed

Obviously it has balsa skins , but while doing the manual and drawing I need to make sure it all works in terms of flow . The box on the left is the combined battery box /motor mount which slides in the front and remains adjustable until you fit the cowl . That way you can get a very tidy spinner to cowl joint .