Get it off your chest.

kevin b

What ever happened to the "builder of model rule" for competitions, I've even heard that ARF's were considered for scale comps at one stage.

I fly in glider comps with built up models I've built and never get a look in because I can't afford the $3,000 for a 4Metre Slovenian carbon fibre ARF moldie.

Dave

Posted by iflylilplanes on 23/10/2020 02:41:28:

What ever happened to the "builder of model rule" for competitions, I've even heard that ARF's were considered for scale comps at one stage.

I fly in glider comps with built up models I've built and never get a look in because I can't afford the $3,000 for a 4Metre Slovenian carbon fibre ARF moldie.

Dave

Dave

My favourite story which I use when people criticise my Easter Eagle gliders:

There was a plan in Flying Models (USA) for a glider that was winning competitions all over the place.

All the experts were asking the designer what wing section he was using because he was beating their fancy models with Eppler and Selig airfoils built on special formers and jigs.

With a happy smile he would reply "Good old fashioned CLARK Y"

"This also applies to films. I just bought the DVD of the latest Star Wars film. I couldn't hear what the cast were saying. To be honest the while film was a mess and I had no idea what was doing what or where."

Film soundtracks have been engineered for surround sound systems (and with them turned up somewhat loud) for a long time, whether that be wrong or right.

As an aside, the plot of Star Wars is not complex... Evil empire owns big spaceship with big gun, rebels blow it up. Repeat for next film.

" start every sentence with "SO"."

Correct usage, being as it does refer back to something previously mentioned. Bad form to begin a conversation though.

"save the plant"

Planet?

I'd quite like the planet to be maintained in good condition. One should, as the phrase nearly goes, never mess in one's nest. Your opinion may vary, but if it does, I don't want to live in your nest...

"gender correct"

is that a complaint about poor French grammar? smiley

"BBC"

Specifically the BBC insistence on "balance" leading to them giving a platform to minority view nutters during programmes like question time. Whereby they end up being far from balanced. Sort it out, BBC, due to the unique way you are run (theft) I pay for a lot of that programming.

Save the planet. Is what people say.

The planet has been around for some 4.5 billion years and according to professor Brian Cox [ and others ] it will go on existing for about the same again until the sun becomes a red giant and swallows it up.

I guess Save the human race does not have the same ring to it.

But it. is the human race that needs saving [from its self ]along with many of the plants and creatures that live alongside us.

With inspiration from Shaun Walsh, Simon Cragg and jrman above...

People (usually young adults and teenagers) who have to say ‘like’ all the time. So basically like I should of learned to talk proper English like when I were at school.

Edited By EvilC57 on 23/10/2020 09:34:18

Edited By EvilC57 on 23/10/2020 09:36:38

Posted by J D 8 on 23/10/2020 09:20:15:

Save the planet. Is what people say.

The planet has been around for some 4.5 billion years and according to professor Brian Cox [ and others ] it will go on existing for about the same again until the sun becomes a red giant and swallows it up.

I guess Save the human race does not have the same ring to it.

But it. is the human race that needs saving [from its self ]along with many of the plants and creatures that live alongside us.

On a similar note, I despair when programmes or interviews pontificate on the causes of Global Warming without ever touching on the fact that there are three times as many people on the planet as can be sustainably supported in the long term. I suppose that global overpopulation is the elephant in the room, unfortunately in 50 years it may be the only type of elephant left. Unless we bite the bullet and take steps to drastically reduce the population "we're doomed" (said in a cod Scottish accent with apologies to Private Frazer). I shall stop now as I am in danger of exceeding this month's idiom quotient.