Spektrum AR610 alternative?

Can't comment on eBay AR610 Rx but I have had good service from the latest Spektrum AR620 and AR410 receivers which are six and four channel respectively. The AR620 is available at a very reasonable £35.99 at Steve Webb's. The aerials on these receivers are built in to the case so you don't have to worry about aerial orientation.

• Like 1

Straight advice, don’t use eBay for basic stuff like batteries, low end receivers, servos.

too many of the batteries are cheap, and will fail early. Too many of the servos are straight fakes. Too many of the Spektrum receivers are fakes. 
somewill say, they are fake but OK. I say made by liars who don’t even admit the made it. Be aware of the lie vendors push, made by Spectrum suppliers out of left over parts at the end of a production run. 
Use a known source.

Alternativley, Orange or Lemon do Spectrum clones. I have good service from Orange. Not used Lemon, but seem to have a good reputation.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I have a lightly used Ar620 I am taking out of my Acrowot XL that I will be selling; due to gradually changing radio systems on my models. As mentioned above they are compact and have built in bind button and aerial. I have used them in three of my models and they have been faultless.  Message me if you are interested in a second hand one.

AR620 every day and twice on Sundays. I get mine from Webbies, £35.99, always in stock and guaranteed genuine Spektrum stock. eBay is awash with fake receivers, but not sure whether that extends to the AR620. They are very much my receiver of choice and have found them to be bulletproof.

I've had issues with some AR6100s that lost their bind, after working perfectly for years, but then just stopped working all within about a year of each other and would not rebind. HH tell me that they are not economic to repair. 

For my wee SEMFF parkflyer profile fighters I like the Lemon 6100E receivers, which are very small and light - I would only buy those from a reputable dealer, in this case Robotbirds.

No problem there, the guy who gave it to me is the same man who is my buddy box instructor.

Plan is a build over Xmas and then to the field for him to fly/check things.

For some reason I now have 5 planes, and I can't land my first one well...

Learning to fly via the Kingfisher has taken a LOT longer than i thought, but I'm getting close now.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, 911hillclimber said:

Just bought one from nick.

It will be going into my 'new to me' Dynam SU 26M balsa/ply model gifted to me by a fellow flyer.

Plane needs a bit of TLC and a new Rx, hence this purchase.

Thank you all for your help (as ever!)

Interesting - I didn't know that Dynam did balsa/ply models, thought they were all foamies? Are you sure it isn't a Hobbyking Su26M? If it is, you are in for a real treat - a lovely flying model.

413563423_0178Sukhoi26E.thumb.jpg.b93c7c43ca724e1f256bdcf27ccf1f0f.jpg

DSC_0211.thumb.JPG.e5fab155f2c8b231fc146cfd2cd59f73.JPG

A HobbyKing it is!

That is exactly the model I was given, same colours and trim. I was not aware Hobbyking made it.

Has a lot of stickers on it that look to be part of the kit.

The man who gave it to me doesn't like electric, only petrol / 4T, so it came to me covered in a few years of shed-dust, but has cleaned up great.

It is missing the RX, everything thing else is present but a bit bruised in places.

• Like 1

I've crashed my FMS Kingfisher more times than I've landed it...

It is almost more glue than foam from spinner to 12" further back...

I manage to repair it every time using brown Gorilla glue which is magic stuff..

I get some applause from my supporters every time I have landed it myself...

Cruel lot at the flying field!

I’ve got one of the HobbyKing Su26M. Nice ride. Keep the throws low. High throws, it makes fuzzy/whoosh noises as it rolls, 3 per second.
One non standard program extra I find calming and nice. Put a mix on the ailerons, to give about 5 to 7 mm of down flap (flaperon) to land. It becomes very slow and calm and stable to land. 

4 hours ago, 911hillclimber said:

I've crashed my FMS Kingfisher more times than I've landed it...

It is almost more glue than foam from spinner to 12" further back...

I manage to repair it every time using brown Gorilla glue which is magic stuff..

I get some applause from my supporters every time I have landed it myself...

Cruel lot at the flying field!

I have had two Kingfishers...we won't mention how I lost the first, but to say no one was flying it at the time.🙄 Anyway there was marked difference between the new and other one which contained more glue.  Things that are not as straight as original or added weight just don't fly as well the original and the difference is very noticeable even if its well trimmed in.

Just saying it might not be all you 😉

The 610 has arrived from Nick and looks good.

Thought I would have a stab at getting thing basically set up.

Remeber this is a gifted plane and has seen a few adventures with a lot of Gorilla glue around the front and the esc does not look good, part of the electronics are exposed (capacitors) so I am suspicious..

selected a New Model on the DX6 and bound the 610 quickly.

put the control connections in and have mode 2, good so far...

However, the RS keeps on beeping at me, the red light is on steady, controls work, motor does not.

The beeping sounds like an alarm that something is not right and witha dead motor is this what the 610 will do?

Thinking of fitting a new esc from 4 max for the motor, but I thought I would ask you first, is the esc duff?

The ESC probably needs calibrating.

Disconnect plane battery. Remove propellor.

Turn on transmitter, put throttle to maximum.

Connect plane battery. ESC should beep then stop.

Put throttle to minimum. ESC should beep and stop.

Now you should have throttle control. If so, disconnect battery and replace prop.

Hope that helps.

Ian