Football World Cup 2022.....Mens.

john stones 1 - Moderator

Trouble is they take themselves too seriously John. These lads are football professionals. Not ( mostly ) hired for skills outside the necessary.

Then they have to thread through a minefield of his, her, they, furry, crusader, ad infinitude.  Mr Southgate is a realy nice bloke, but perhaps a Roy Keane type might be better, enforcing omertà. 
Genes are all Welsh, but born and bred in England. So I can’t shout, “dod ar y rhyfelwyr” (come on you warriors)

47 minutes ago, Don Fry said:

I assume they can manage Senegal, Denis. Then it gets going, France, Spain, Portugal, Brazil………………

Yes Don,  all those teams, England Tonight, tonight's 2nd half performance, would have put 3 past any of those teams.

They closed everything down, won the normally loose 2nd balls, and took the ball back frequently.

5 hours ago, Don Fry said:

Trouble is they take themselves too seriously John. These lads are football professionals. Not ( mostly ) hired for skills outside the necessary.

Then they have to thread through a minefield of his, her, they, furry, crusader, ad infinitude.  Mr Southgate is a realy nice bloke, but perhaps a Roy Keane type might be better, enforcing omertà. 
Genes are all Welsh, but born and bred in England. So I can’t shout, “dod ar y rhyfelwyr” (come on you warriors)

Answers on postcard if you understood that gents... Been on the Metheglin and Penderyn Whisky, Don?! 😉 

PS - Well done England, but far greater tests are to come. On that evidence we will be a stern test for anyone, but I'm not as bullish as @Denis Watkins - I don't think France or Brazil will be too worried, at least not yet. Let's see how they does against Senegal...

Edited by MattyB