Football World Cup 2022.....Mens.

john stones 1 - Moderator

11 hours ago, john stones 1 - Moderator said:

Well that's made me feel sick. ☹️

No grumbles from me though, Southgate and our lads acquited themselves well.

I thought England played quite well in the second half against the world champions, even though they didn't make a huge number of chances. Neither keeper was particularly over-worked on the night.

1 hour ago, Ernie said:

It was certainly an exciting game of football, Hugo Lloris, was magnificent, but credit to all the blues. Suppose morocco will be a much more difficult proposition

ernie

I think you are doing England down Ernie.  England had opportunities to score - indeed should have scored normally - and Kane just had a bad moment.  I would have expected England to beat Morocco as I think France will.  Morocco were excellent at pressing and taking their chances.  If you don't take your chances you lose.

In the days of the Longbow, football was banned and a two fingered salute to the French was common place, last night they stuck two up us. You win some, you lose some.

Media ain't weighed into our team, that tells you what the English think about the teams efforts, however there have been reports from Dublin, Cardiff and Edinburgh of errant footballs landing in gardens. 😉

Chin up, some be the Euros. 🙂

8 hours ago, Ernie said:

It was certainly an exciting game of football, Hugo Lloris, was magnificent, but credit to all the blues. Suppose morocco will be a much more difficult proposition

ernie

He was under-worked, never had a difficult save to make the whole match.

England's tactics suited the French very well. England had more possession but most times when France intercepted a pass it seemed to result in a direct attacking move on England's goal. I'd like to see what percentage of England's possession actually took place in their own half. 

IMO England will never win a tournament with Southgate in charge. Yes he has improved the team but done it from a defenders perspective. They still lack the belief that they will win as opposed to they think that they have a good chance of winning. 

Trouble is PatMc, Champions win, until knocked off perch. Until then, the wannabe champs try.

Source, Fergie Time, remember that.

I think France (club mates don’t read this forum), is a serious team. Suspect they will win the Cup. As in grind a win, if necessary. 
Please note. England has a smaller population to choose players.