Zeee Lipo Batteries ..... what's the opinion ?

toto

I have just bought a couple of Zeee 4s lipo 3300mah 14.8v 50C with XT60 connectors. They were £ 68.99 for the pair from Amazon. ..... waiting for them to be delivered as we type.

I have seen then advertised before and thought I'd give them a try.

Anybody got anything to comment on these batteries ..... good or bad .... I'd appreciate the feed back.

Cheers

Toto

I bought a couple of Zeee 3700mAh 60C 4Ss last year which seem pretty good. However I also bought a couple of Zeees marked as 3200mAh 50C 3S, and have been very disappointed with their effective capacity, which seems nearer to around 2800mAh - put it this way, they didn’t give as long a flight time as my well used Turnigy 3000mAh 25-50C 3Ss in the same model - so somewhat optimistically marked perhaps.

Edited by EvilC57

I've got some Zeee 4S 3300 batteries and they are excellent, with a noticeable power improvement. Indeed after buying a couple to try them out, I now have 4 more. I've also got some 3S ones as well and they well outperform similar batteries

Thanks for that. Much appreciated.

I was expecting them delivered from Amazon an hour ago. Got a message saying they had attempted delivery but had a problem. They did indeed have a problem as their driver was in sleep mode. I watched the van pass my window and by the time I scrambled out, he was just leaving the end of the street. All at the exact time of their supposed delivery attempt.

Anyway .... bottom line ..... I may have to wait a bit longer to find out how they perform depending on when / if they arrive.

If they do turn out to be a bit u der powered in terms of deliverable power versus stated power, I'll stick to the Voltz batteries that I have been using to date as the price difference is not that far out. It's more of a general experiment rather than an intended product change.

Thanks for your response.

Toto

Hi Andy,

Missed your post there. It's the 3300mah that I have ordered so it will be interesting to see how they go given the different experiences being reported. 

If I have them in time for my next flying day .... hopefully / maybe this weekend, I may take two if the Zeee lipos and two of the Voltz lipos and see how they compare in my Domino or Tasman Bush trainer.

I'll report back.

Cheers

Toto

Good job we didn't all say "they are rubbish, avoid!" Seeing as @toto already bought them before asking for experience opinion......

I have 3 x 3s 1500s that I use in my Arrows jets - they have been excellent. The first couple I bought were about £5 each, the second pair about £8 each.

One test if you are concerned about a LiPo capacity is to weigh it and compare it to a similar one that you are happy with.

I have a 3000mAh 3s that weighs about 15% less than a good 2800 mAh 3s and surprise surprise the 3000mAh whilst it has delivered the power but never the stated capacity even on a 1 amp discharge. A case of not "What it says on the tin".    

I've got some 3s 2200mAh Zeee batteries which seem to be performing ok so far. They haven't got many cycles yet and I haven't pushed them too hard so their longevity remains to be seen.

I've also got some of the same lipos in the Voltz brand which have had a few more cycles and a couple of them have started to puff up already although that may have been because they were being hammered in my HK Skipper which has a "digital" throttle 😀. Having said that, the Turnigy batteries they replaced had also expanded (to a point I wasn't comfortable with keeping any longer), but that was after several years and many cycles in a variety of models.

I've just bought some Youme Power 4s 3300mAh packs from Amazon but need to swap out the Deans connectors before I can try them. We'll see how they go...

I've got quite a few Zee Power packs from Amazon, 3s1p 2200mah , 4s1p 3300mah and 6s1p 4000mah and 5200mah. 14 packs in total. I haven't used the 6s1p packs yet, but the others have all been excellent - comparable to my HRB packs from Amazon.

Posted (edited)

Thanks for all that.

Shaun, that looks like a good price on the Turnigy batteries. Keep us posted on how they do over time please. It's a fair saving if buying in bulk. 

Grumpy .... apologies again, I am a bit too fast on the trigger at times. 

My battery management has been a bit basic if not poor. There has been too much to pick up on in other parts of the hobby. I mentioned before that I intend to get my head around both charging and discharging of batteries and still haven't made a proper start. 

My stock of batteries is getting bigger and I need to keep tabs on what is in use to allow me to discharge to storage level what isn't being currently used. Same with charging, I just plug them in and hit start. Given the nature of these batteries, I really need to start giving them the attention they deserve.

Toto

Edited by toto

Zeee batteries received from Amazon.

I was out picking up the missus. Left at back door. 

Fair enough, I did not tick that box as an option so if they had went missing ..... no demonstratable liability on me.

I never suggest a " safe " place but will suggest being left with a specified couple of neighbours. There is one neighbour on the " preferably not " list. I'll not go into detail on that. 

Anyway .... I have them now, have checked them visually and they appear fine. It may be tomorrow before I put a meter over them to see that the current state of each of the individual cells are ok.

If I am flying this weekend, I'll make a point of charging and testing them...... watch this space.

Toto

Thanks for that GD8,

I'll be charging mine later today for the first time for potential use in my Tasman Bush Plane. I'm going to put a watt meter over it to see what it spits out. Likewise with my newly acquired FMS Pa 18 Super Cub. Both should happily fly off the same Battery Spec.

I'll post up the results in my build threads for each.

Toto

The new batteries are all on their first charge. Took some initial readings with a battery tester and they all came out at around 44 % charged and 15.35 volts.

I will try one out in the Tasman Bush Trainer and get the watt meter later.

I also have 4 x Volts batteries of the same specification which will be getting charged straight after this first batch. It may be worth running a little comparison of the two at the field.

cheers toto

Just tested my Volts batteries out of their boxes.

3 out of 4 gave 35% charged on average with a volt reading of 15.25

however one read 6% charged with a volts reading of 14.65. One of the cells was almost completely run down ....... do I have an issue here 

I will try and charge the battery but will also be keeping the box in case it needs to go back.

toto

19 minutes ago, toto said:

Just tested my Volts batteries out of their boxes.

3 out of 4 gave 35% charged on average with a volt reading of 15.25

however one read 6% charged with a volts reading of 14.65. One of the cells was almost completely run down ....... do I have an issue here 

I will try and charge the battery but will also be keeping the box in case it needs to go back.

toto

Don’t stick it on charge until you’ve posted the individual cell voltages and got an opinion back. 

I'll take it back of then because its been charging since my last post with no apparent issues. ( read as the flames are not licking around my shed door ) 

I'll report back with individual cell readings 

cheers for now.

toto

OK as per the above ... individual cell voltages now reading as follows

1. 3.851 V

2. 3.911 V

3. 3.878 V

4. 3.880 V

49% charged at 15.51 volts

seems ok I think

toto