Hi all

Thought it was about time I joined up. 
From not so sunny South Wales. ( the yellow thingy does grace our skys occasionally over the bridge lol) 

Use to fly back in the early 2000s after starting as soon as I had my first job back in the old foot and mouth outbreak days back in 1997/98.

Joined a few local clubs and dabbled in fixed wing and helis and slope soaring.  Had a good few years away from the hobby but returned about eight years back but fell down the fpv rabbit hole.  Now flying mainly fpv wings but still like to keep my hand in with an old faithful sebart katana but starting to think I need the old smell of glow fuel back in my life again lol.   Been organising  fpv wing racing events amoungst a few local clubs and the odd show over the last year or two 

So that’s pretty much me at the mo. Like everyone waiting for those nice warm long summer days again reliving my younger days reading a few rcm&e mags here online remembering the old days of picking up the monthly mag at the local newsagent lol 

Matt 👍👍👍

7D512DCD-5170-40CE-B356-02B0C39FBE88.jpeg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Dai Fledermaus said:

I know you do it just for fun Matt, but I'm sure forum members would be interested to see one or two of your videos. 

Colin. 

Ok let me try and find something that maybe slightly entertaining to proper modellers. Yikes putting me on the spot here 😳😂

there’s some better stuff chasing a stunning don’t quote me on it but my head is telling me a zirolli kit bearcat and a DR1 in it a little way in at 1.35

Edited by Stubbsy
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Welcome to the forum Stubbsy.

I usually find videos of models in the air quite boring unless my models are involved so nearly didn't open the link to your video. However, it's a brilliant video and musical sound track. It's quite made my day and I haven't even had breakfast yet!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, David Davis 2 said:

Welcome to the forum Stubbsy.

I usually find videos of models in the air quite boring unless my models are involved so nearly didn't open the link to your video. However, it's a brilliant video and musical sound track. It's quite made my day and I haven't even had breakfast yet!

Yes I know exactly what you mean, I’m the same tbh. Normally if I do record it’s for myself to look back on or if someone’s asked me to film a model tbh 👍👍👍

Thankyou so much for the kind words David. 

Edited by Stubbsy

Hello, everyone. I dabbled with RC aeroplanes over 40 years ago- but although built one never got flying. Seeing the technology now it all appears quite confusing but looking forward to dipping into the expertise here.

• Like 2

Noticed at 1:39 into the video there is a clip of several seconds of a FPV model trailing just behind what appears to be a full size microlight! Formatting on a manned aircraft is highly dubious to say the least.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Andy J said:

Noticed at 1:39 into the video there is a clip of several seconds of a FPV model trailing just behind what appears to be a full size microlight! Formatting on a manned aircraft is highly dubious to say the least.

Hi all. Yes I normally feel exactly the same way when I see anything involving manned aviation Andy but the microlight pilot in question is a member of Carmarthen model flying club and operates out of their club. Was asked by him on the ground to get some footage of him over the field. We had full ground to air communication with him at the time over two way radio and the flight was kept all well within the confines of the club land within sight. I was actually quite a way back and the few seconds of the footage is highly cropped in with the go pro 10. If it wasn’t for the simple fact he had asked personally himself and we d worked out the flight plan between us and had full communication from ground to air with him with me communicating where I was back behind and him calling out what he was doing I would of down right refused the flight tbh. 

Edited by Stubbsy
  • Like 1