How to connect a Prolux fast fueller

Erfolg

I have purchased a hand fuel pump. Now I am wondering how to get fuel in and out of my fuel bottle. Do I simply remove the cap and drop a length of fuel pipe into the bottle.  Or is it common practice to modify the top to have permanent connectors.

I have not been to the field for possibly over 3 months now, so have not been able to look and ask other club members practice. This has been a long Autumn and continuing Winter.

Advert

You can just drop the (filtered) delivery tube into the bottle, however it is better if you modify the top for both the delivery tube and vent as that will prevent dirt getting into the bottle. I've modified the top for mine and have the pump attached to the bottle with quick release zip ties, that way I can easily put them onto a new bottle when the fuel runs out.

Not only dirt, Ron.  My fuel is never left open to in order to reduce the potential for absorption of water from the atmosphere.  In the days when most of us flew IC, I used to feel uneasy seeing so many people leaving an unsealed bottle of fuel all afternoon with the fuel pipes and pump dangling from it and often wondered how badly it might affect their engines’ reliability. 

• Like 1

Surely leaving any fuel open to the atmosphere will increase the chance of  evaporation of the lighter components of the fuel !!!!

Like storage degradation accelerated.

BAS

Edited by Basil

1 hour ago, Jim Hearnden 1 said:

I always did the lid off, dangle the pipe in the gallon bottle job. Never had a problem with reliability or power. I had a filter in the pipe I plugged to the tank & that was it. I've never had filters in the models themselves. 

Same here. Takes under a minute......