The 2009 RCM&E & Modelflying.co.uk awards

Advert

Tonys models and hobbies in leicester,friendly staff superb service that give 100%
Best mail order has to be just engines ive used them for years and the service and value and technical help is fantastic.
Best uk distributor  is horizon hobbies
Best kit is Glens models 1/4 scale cap super light and the flight envelope is brilliant,hey i think i might build another

1.Best high street retailer -  TJD(excellent service)

2.Best mail order supplier - Sussex Model Centre (nearly joint favorite above but slip to second as in general their prices are high)

3.Best UK distributor - Horizon Hobby(head and shoulders above all - I have had the 
   pleasure of dealing with a lot!)

4. Best Kit - Ripmax Wot 4

AS an overseas buyer, this is my "dealings" with a model shop in UK...I know it won't count but...
12mnths ago my mate says ,I want that new Kyosho Spitfire...TODAY....Ok, I rang 3 shops in UK, and, after a couple of neg replys I found one that was willing to send it to Australia, the lady, says... OOH that's a lot shipping cost, my mate said "send it" (nicely)....10 days latter it arrived , well packed and no damage....
the shop .....SUSSEXS MODEL CENTRE............now Thats service
A.A.Barry

Edited By Barry Wetherell on 16/01/2010 11:17:03

1.Best retailer  : Anglia Model Centre
2. Best Mail order : Sussex Model Centre
3.Best Distributor : J Perkins
4.Best Kit : havent got a best kit but best RCME plan : Lindsey Todds Zulu.Proper builders model.Note to the ed. more trad plans please .Balsa wood rules ok

1 Best High St Retailer           Grimsby Model Centre Local - max is very very helpful
2.Best Mail order                    Falcon RCs prompt with good prices
3.Best Distributor                    Horizon - without doubt best customer service
4.Best Kit                                 Blackhorse T28 Trojan 60 (sadly no more in bits from Manby open day....Tears still rolling down my face - want another one) That I cut my teeth on as a newbie..