The 2009 RCM&E & Modelflying.co.uk awards

I've always wanted to hold a Modelflying.co.uk awards where we could ask members and RCM&E readers to vote for their hobby favourites in a number of categories. I think it's important to recognise good service and good products so would you mind spending a few moments to tell us your....

Best high street retailer
Best mail order supplier
Best UK distributor
Best Kit (given lead and advanced publicity times , lets say any kit introduced say, in the last 2 years) 

Just leave a post below with your votes in the four categories above. We'll count the votes on Mon 11th Jan and get in touch with the winners to let them know that they're the 2009 modelflying.co.uk winners! We'll award the winners a special framed certificate in recognition - something that can hopefully find pride of place in their establishment.

You can say why you like the companies you've voted for if you'd like to of course...... 

Come on, let's give some recognition to those who work hard and deserve it  

Edited By David Ashby - RCME Administrator on 07/12/2009 09:03:02

Advert

1. Steve Webb Models  - (for good prices, excellent service and general helpfulness! )
2. Sussex Model Centre  - (for; speed, stock availability and price)
3. J. Perkins  - (who got my new carburettor for me!)
4. WOT4 ARTF  - (I don't have the kit version - have an "old" one! - but bringing it out as a kit for the next generation to enjoy was a brilliant idea.)

BEB

1. Andover Model Centre - Small one man band, but very helpful and friendly
2. Phoenix Model Products - Good stock, efficient and very helpful
3. Horizon Hobbies - Customer service - speed and efficiency with regards to Spektrum kit absolutely outstanding!
4. Sebart Miss Wind 50e - Outstanding bi-plane with excellent build quality, attention to detail and innovative idea to attach wings with carbon rods.
Almost as quick as some of my single wing planes!

Edited By Simon K 3 on 07/12/2009 11:53:35

Best high street retailer -  I tend to buy on the internet nowadays, but for the wide geographical distribution of shops - Als Hobbies

Best mail order supplier - Robotbirds - good service, huge range of quality products

Best UK distributor - Horizon Hobby - sent me a free AR6100   what more could you want?

Best Kit - Alula EVO - recently reintroduced, great fun, looking forward to flying mine more

1.Best High St Retailer            Glaston's, North Shields
2.Best Mail order                        RC World / Leeds Model Shop
3.Best Distributor                        Weston UK
4.Best Kit                                       Capiche 140

Edited By Iain Jeffrey on 07/12/2009 15:40:52