David Boddington

paulos

Advert

This news came as a bit of a shock, however, today there are always new and wonderful techniques continually being discovered which we are sure will be employed.

David you are made of tough stuff, with good resilience. Judy & I very sincerely hope and pray for your early recovery from this as you are such an inspiration to us both. If it were not for your very kind help and encouragement during these recent 10 years, our business would not be where it is, or what it is today.

“David, you can do this my friend, think of it as a really turbulent storm, hold tight to the stick & fly right through it, we are all right behind you, and your Gill is a very good navigator to give you directions”.
ALL THE BEST, "GET WELL SOON LAD",

Eddie & Judy.

I do hope that David gets through this OK and would like to add my best wishes for a speedy recovery.

I've never met him directly, but have seen him many times at OW and he once gave a very interesting talk at one of our Club nights.

There can't be many modellers who haven't, at some stage, built or flown at least one of Boddo's designs, which always fly well, and here's hoping that he's soon back on the scene.

Good luck David,

I've always been humbled by your dedication and contributions to the field of aero modelling.  I know you must have taken a good deal from this wonderful sport, but unlike most of us you have put back far, far more. 

Try to treat beating this illness as a particularly tricky scale job: it'll take time and blood, sweat and tears, and when its done it might not be exactly as you would wish, but it can be done I am sure.  And if it can, you're the man to do it.

Praying for you.

David 

Get well soon Boddo !!  Met you first time back in '75 at Sywell (Barnstormers Flying Circus). We met again in South Africa in 1998 at the Scale World Champs.  A source of information second to none and having built several of your designs (Expo 80, Barnstormer 90 and the Bi-Stormer) I can only say that you are true legend in British modelling.  My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

I've only just caught up with this thread as I have been dealing with a close family bereavement. I did know David was very ill and my sympathies go out to all his family and close friends.

I learned to fly with David in the early 70s, have known him ever since and have built many of his designs. A nicer and more helpful bloke you will never meet.

What more can I say except that I hope the next piece of news is good.

It's clear from these messages that Boddo is one of the great names of model aviation, with a world-wide fan club, but if anyone ever wore their fame lightly it is him. For the old codgers who fly mid-week at Wellingborough Ogees, David is a mate - and we want him back with us, to enjoy some more stick time and chat on sunny afternoons. David, be strong, and we'll see you down at the field soon.

As I said in another forum recently,  I started my r/c modelling with one of DB's models - the Tyro Major and after a few years break came back to the hobby by building another one of his - the Pronto.  Both plans still available in the shop here.

In addition, in my teenage years I probably had most of the aeromodelling section of our local library on semi-permanent loan,  much of it written by DB.

Get well soon David.

Hi Dave/ Although we only meet on a nodding accasions I have known you most of my modelling life,Owing to your scill in designingand enthusiasm for everything model aero plane etc,Where would we be without the miriad designs and drive that you have put into our hobby.So Hurry up and get yourself back to good health.
Best wishes for you and yours.
Alan Newman