The 2011 Christmas Build

Advert

Stephen, As you are well ahead of the the build schedule you should consider about 20 miutes of your time to turn the engine mount to the inverted position,And it will avoid cutting a nasty hole from the side of the cowl, plus keep the straight lines of the Sparrow Hawk.
Weasel Inverted Position.... Ne66 Picture of page one of your build.
Weazo............

No problems with the three wise men from the north overseeing the new build .Keep it up Stephen . Hope you can tell the difference between an over cooking turkey smell and a lipo on fire I got two brilliant books this morning from 'er indoors on top of the Topflite Spit kit I started a while ago .Model Airplane Design by Carlos Reyes & Theory of Wing Sections by Ira H Abbott & Albert E von Doenhoff
I was told off by 'er for feeding our new grass runway cutters (goats) for feeding them bird seed whilst she was a bit poorly !

Posted by David Ashby - RCME Admin on 25/12/2011 10:56:26:
You're only allowed to stop to watch the Queen at 3pm Stephen

Merry Christmas from me, I'll drop by to see how you're doing when I've stopped peeling spuds/carrots/sprouts etc.

same here SG...i've just put a large pan of Chips on......saved up all year to afford the tatties...

ken anderson ne..1 grim up north dept.... not.

Looking Good Stephen,

Sunset is at 3.56pm today, not sure if you will fit in the queens speech if you are going for a maiden as well!

Keep it up!..ok Lego building time ...again!

Rich

The under carriage went quite well probably because I had been forwarned by Jim and Weasel.I had spent time working out how it fitted before hand and it seemed to go on easier than I expected.I suspect Seagull have modified it as I didnt have to do any modifying apart from bending the support back to fit its hole.You glue a mount onto the wing first which the pants fit onto.You have the main undercarriage that goes onto the wing with the rod bending 90deg

rees into a hole in the wing at the end of the groove made in the wing and a support at the rear that fits into a hole in the mount.I was able to push it into position whilst screwing the screws into place.

On the equivalent of this thread last year when Stephen built the Nemesis on Christmas Day (an aptly named model if there every was one ) we set the record for the most number of posts on one thread in one 24 hour period - 172!

Can we beat that this year? No silly posts just to build the number, and especially not while Stephen is doing the actual build. But lets see if its possible - and of course a dash for the line to get the record at closing on midnight tonight wouldn't be at all unreasonable . It could well come down to the wire, as last year we only broke the previous record with 8 minutes to go!

Anyway - back to the build...

BEB

Edited By Biggles' Elder Brother - Moderator on 25/12/2011 12:47:59