Ebay sellers...

Advert

Perhaps people are being a bit hasty in labelling the seller as a potential fraudster?

Surely these are questions for the seller? It's quite possible that an engine could have been mounted but never used...as all Lasers are test run before dispatch it must have been run at least once and perhaps the seller just decided to have it checked over before putting it up for sale? It's a moot point but perhaps he ran it in and doesn't consider that as being used - but if so it would have been better to nention that in the auction.

He says he's going electric and has sold several engines with good feedback over the last year or so. He also has a Magnum 26 described as used and his flightbox up for sale.

If I was considering buying it, I would certainly ask for more details before bidding though.

Edited By Martin Harris on 25/01/2015 02:02:50

Hmm if he did purchase it new from Laser it will have his initials stamped on it.

I don't recall any of my Laser''s ever having a pressure nipple in the exhaust.

It could be he is one of those chaps who just have to fiddle with everything and make a mess of it and have to send it away to have it rectified

Posted by Ian Mathews on 24/01/2015 18:33:13:

Ok then, what do you think I should do about this one... I just won a Durafly P51 Mustang on Ebay, advertised as collection only from Woking... turns out the guy lives in Lowestoft, which is about 2.5 hours further away! I certainly wouldn't have bid on a collection only item that far afield.

Do you think I'm within my rights to ask him to post it (at my expense) or ask for my money back?

Ian, I still can't believe you got up early, drove 40mins to Woking, picked up the 'stang, drove straight to the strip, put a Rx in it and flew straight away. And you flew it well. You are one enthusiastic flyer.

Posted by leccyflyer on 25/01/2015 19:00:38:
Posted by David Davis on 25/01/2015 10:48:59:

I believe that Laser have stopped stamping buyers' initials onto the crankcase.

Did they do that after Oliver Stone bought a Laser?

Leccyflyer. You are just too subtle.

And I wonder how long Dave Hopkins reply will last.

In a similar vein, my mother had a friend called 'Walter Charles Laverty' - some people never stop to think how initials can turn out.

They did catch on here though when the cops were reorganised as the 'Police Service of Northern Ireland' - they originally announced that it would be the 'Northern Ireland Police Service' but someone twigged and swapped the name round

I thought I'd let you know the outcome of my issue... It turns out that the seller hadn't updated his Paypal address! So the item location was correctly listed as Woking. I'm now the happy owner of a P51 which flies very nicely (If you don't stall it on take off).

Hi David,

I bought 3 new Lasers in late 2014. Each proudly displays my initials, together with the that of the builder (Jon) and his sequence number for that capacity engine. Do I fit them or just continue to fondle them?

Posted by Kit Davidson on 27/01/2015 04:43:50:

Hi David,

I bought 3 new Lasers in late 2014. Each proudly displays my initials, together with the that of the builder (Jon) and his sequence number for that capacity engine. Do I fit them or just continue to fondle them?

Lucky man!