Ebay sellers...

Advert

Posted by mightypeesh on 23/07/2015 21:50:21:

Just when I think it cannot get any better........ Engine with wheel and 'oil' tank included!!! **LINK**

Or maybe the rest of the plane not included........

"other parts may be needed to finish the model"....as the owners manual usually says.

I had an email this morning from ebay (it was genuine) regarding my only current listing, accusing me of deliberate manipulation of their search engine. This was for my DX5e channel-6 adapters which are used for flaps, retracts etc. These sell in odd ones and two's for just £12., hardly money laundering. The threat included removal of selling privileges, loss of fees, and so on. Serious stuff.

So, perplexed, I phoned them and was told that the reason was that I was deliberately misleading punters who were interested in Chanel-6 perfume. WHAT?

Have you ever tried explaining a very technical, tiny niche product that relates only to a tiny niche market, to a chap who doesnt speak English well and who has no concept of a DX5e, a channel, or a momentary-to-cyclic adapter?

The conclusion was that a very slight rearrangement of the decription (same words, different order) would make him a happy chappy.

Its laughable that a piffling little thing like this should cause them so much concern when they ignore deliberately falsely-described expensive items like cars, vans etc...

The worrying thing is that the black mark remains - if I deliberately attract 'Chanel-number-six' perfume-users again, they will ban me

Cheers
Phil

Edited By Phil Green on 25/07/2015 13:50:54

Phil, that is incredible... If only they put as much effort into stopping the real abuses that go on.

And congratulations on getting through to them on the phone and actually managing to speak to somebody - I thought that was next-to impossible.

Oh, and have you got any cheap, knock-off Chanel number 6 for sale? wink 2

The saga continues...

I reworded the description as they requested (though it still says the same thing) and resubmitted the item.

I've now had another "deliberate manipulation of their search engine" warning with this:

"Please understand that you used the words “Dx4e” in the listings title and in description. As you are selling an adapter for spectrum DX5e, so I would request you to please do not use other keywords DX4e in the listing which is not related to the item for sale."

Here's my reply:

"I'm sorry but you are mistaken, the adapter fits both the DX5e and the DX4e. It is suitable for either. Do you understand that the DX5e and DX4e are identical in operation? I have done nothing wrong here but I have reworded the description as requested by your operative. I trust this is an end to the matter?
Many thanks
Phil"

We'll see what happens next. They clearly haven't a clue what they are complaining about.
The worrying thing for me is that they are counting this as two strikes.

Cheers
Phil